Chapter Four- Friends?

(Y/n)'s POV

I've decided that today is going to be a bad day.

First, the coffee machine broke; leaving a chocolate chip muffin as the only food source in the kitchen. Secondly, on the way to school, a hero waved at me.

As if the day couldn't get any worse, I accidentally bump into Eraserhead on my way to class. His tired gaze studies mine for a moment. "Watch where you're going, (L/n)," he reprimands firmly and follows me into class.

"CLASS IS STARTING," the boy with glasses yells, sending everyone rushing to their seats. My seat in the back only increases the distractions. Soon, my eyelids begin to droop as Mr. Aizawa drones on. Slowly, my head falls to the desk and darkness sweeps in.

"(L/n)!" A whispered yell calls; the warning is just barely registered by the time my eyes fly open. A dead-eyed stare meets mine as Mr. Aizawa pauses and then continues the lesson.

Some kids snicker, but the class goes by in a blur. Before I know it, Mina is dragging me out of the classroom. "Oh, uh, please don't," I grumble, tugging my arm back to the comfort of my side. "What are you doing?"

Mina smiles and stops at a corner, "Wait here."

Gain their trust.

How hard could it be?

My mind begins to wander with plan after plan... until a small explosion bursts in front of me.

"You look stupid," Bakubrat grumbles, "You're going to fight me since you don't suck as much as the other damn extras."

A crumpled piece of paper is shoved into my hands and he leaves before I can say a word.

Mina has a sly grin on her face as she raises a brow.

"I don't know," I answer, putting the paper in my pocket and following her as she walks down the hall. 

"I ship it."

Like the boat?

Mina's mouth opens as she laughs and leads us toward a group of girls. "We're gonna have to catch you up on all the lingo! Were you homeschooled?"

"You could say that."

The girls begin to chatter excitedly about their plans later on their way to lunch.

Completely normal.

Kaminari waves and walks up with a grape in his wake. The grape fellow gives me a once-over and then smiles seductively– or as seductively as a short grape can.

"Hey–"

Kaminari's hand smacks the back of his head instantly and the boy mutters before sulking off.

"Sorry about him. How's your day?"

"Simple. You?"

He smiles and shrugs, "A bit nerve-wracking but I feel motivated." A pause follows as he laughs awkwardly. "Do you wanna sit with me for lunch or?"

"Sorry Denki, she's with us," Mina pops in, gently entwining our arms and waving as she leads me toward a crowded table. I settle on the outskirts as Pinky sits in middle.

Gain their trust.

"Are you single?" The small grape man asks as he sits down beside me.

Well. Yeah?

Partners look for ways to stab you in the back. Plus, that would just mean more teamwork.

"Yes."

"Great, just wondering," he answers with a wide smile. I glance at Mina to find her giving the small dude an exasperated look. She turns to me and her features melt into a warm smile.