𝟐𝟐

𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐞 𝐀𝐥𝐢
𝙱𝙴𝚅𝙴𝚁𝙻𝚈 𝙷𝙸𝙻𝙻𝚂, 𝙲𝙰

"You can't cook." Safiya said eyeing the plate of spaghetti and meatballs I just made.

"Then starve, you should be used to it. I heard they don't feed orphans like that anyway." I shrugged trying to hide the fact that I was a little hurt by the fact that she said that.

"Where you be getting your information from?" She squinted. "Because they fed me."

"They fed you too much, you need to be put on WeightWatchers."

"I'm thick as fuck. Don't be mad that you built like an ant."

"I'm not."

"You are, you must've went to Dr. Miami. Ant booty." She said and I turned around jiggling it.

"It's not giving ant and it's all natural for your information."

"Natural? Aw damn, natural ass is not supposed to look like a brick."

"I don't have a brick booty, stop playing and eat your spaghetti."

"My meatball was pink."

"Quit lying."

"You must ain't learn how to cook?"

I ain't learn how to do anything, I can't even start up a washer and dryer without the help of Syian.

"I didn't, my boyfriend is supposed to teach me today." I shrugged. "What time is it?"

"Time for you to get a watch."

"You too grown to be this childish I really hope you understand that."

"It's...." She grabbed her phone and flipped it over. "Twelve thirty."

"I hope he on his way over here then because he told me twelve and one thing about him, he always make sure he on time."

"Where he stay?"

"Crenshaw."

"That nigga dead." She said and I eyed her.

"That's not funny."

At this point Syian was extremely important to me and being that I already didn't like the neighborhood he lived in, the thought of him getting shot lived in my mind rent free and it made me sick to my stomach to even have to think of never seeing him again.

"Alright, you right. My bad gang." She nodded. "Text him."

"I did, I texted him at eleven forty-five to remind him and he didn't text back." I put my face in my hands. "Grrrr!"

"The fuck?" She mumbled. "Is you good?"

"Shut up Annie."

"Ouch," She placed her hand over her chest as my phone rang and I grabbed it quickly hoping it was Syian but when I saw it was an unknown number I wanted to decline. "Girl if you don't answer that damn call,"

"I don't know who it is."

"What if you won a million dollars?"

"A million dollars that I don't need."

"Everybody could use a million dollars, answer it." She shrugged and I hesitantly answered it, bringing the phone to my ears.

"You have a prepaid call, you will not be charged for this call. This call is from..Syian Clark, an inmate at Twin Towers Correctional Facility. This call is being recorded and is subject to monitoring. Hang up to decline the call, or to accept dial five. If you wish to block any future calls of this nature, press seven."