chapter four

Now In Color

"do you want kids?" Agnes asked as she poured Natalie a cup of lemonade.
"I guess" Natalie replied

"Well, have you tried making one?" Agnes paused, "you can do that can't you, make a child with your abilities."

"Well I guess" She replied waving her hands around.

Agnes gave her a shocked look as a dark green light emitted from her palms creating what was, essentially, a child.

"Man! If I could do this my husband would be up and outta" Agnes commented while Natalie and the toddler walked out of the door.

"Toodles"

"Let's go to aunt Wanda's, shall we" Natalie said with her back turned around.

"Uh huh" Jamie replied putting on a light coat.
Natalie turned around and dropped the plate she was washing noticing that her previously 3 year old was now 8.

Natalie thought of how this could possibly happen and her mind took her to when they, her and the avengers, tried to figure out time travel by themselves.

"Oh Geez"

The 8 year old got her coat on and they made their way towards the Visions house.

"This is so not the plot point I was expecting"
I said.

Natalie and Jamie walked in the door to see Wanda and Visions house raining.

"Oh my Wanda!" Natalie exclaimed.

"GET UNDER THE TABLE" she yelled comedically.
The four got under the table and waited for the rain to stop. Once it did they stood beside it and Wanda used her powers to open the window making wind dry her and everyone else off.

"Are you baby sitting? And Vision don't you thinks it's time to call the doctor" Wanda asked.

"No I'm not baby sitting, but there's a baby sitting in you" Natalie replied.

"Damn, the phones are down too. I'd better run... Except he might've already left for vacation!" Vision said.

"What! At a time like this?"

"Well, in fairness darling the baby is approximately 9 months early. I better leg it. You'll be alright here?" Vision asked.

Wanda nodded and Vision changed his face before speeding off to the Doctors house.

When Vision left wanda held her stomach in pain and starting doing a breathing pattern.

The three girls heard a chattering noise and looked to see a stork in the nursery.

The doorbell ring and Natalie hurried to open it.
Wanda quickly grabbed a large jacket from the closet and Geraldine walked in.

"Oh, Natalie, what's up?" She asked.
"It's 75 degrees outside you making a fashion statement?" She asked Wanda.

"Um, Hi Geraldine, now's not a really good time." Natalie said.

"No,no,no it's foxy. She'll let me have to borrow it sometimes. But first, I have to borrow a bucket. Not to wear to use." Geraldine said.

"Somehow all the pipes in my ceiling burst at once and I gotta bail myself out."

"All right, sure. Just stay right there." Wanda said rushing to the kitchen sink.

"Who's this little girl?" Geraldine asked.
"Um this is my daughter, Jamie." Natalie replied.

"How old is she?" She asked again.
"Uh....Eight?"

"How come we haven't seen her before until now-"

"You ask a lot of questions Geraldine." Natalie replied.

"Oh your right." she said flicking her hand. "Look at me over stepping boundaries, by the way what hair dye do you use?"

"What?"

"Your hair dye, the green, what is it?" She asked.

Natalie tried to think of something quickly that made sense so she didn't have to explain that her hair was natural.
"You see,if I told you it would be all sold out." Natalie smiled.

Geraldine strutted to the kitchen and grabbed a bucket and Wanda picked up a bowl of fruit.
"Would you look at that" Geraldine said. "what?" Wanda asked.
"fruit. Wanda! thank you" Geraldine said taking an apple and tossing it. "Yummy."

"Well, good luck with the leak." Wanda said.
"Oh, that... Oh! Say, Wanda, Natalie, I got a question for you two." Geraldine said walking away from the door and sitting on the couch.

"You know how I've been working that temp job, right?" She asked.
"Uh huh, yeah" Natalie said.

"Well, my boss, Mr. Haddox, he was going crazy yesterday..."

Geraldine noticed Wanda and Geraldine pause as they looked at Jamie playing with a stork behind them.

"Oh look at me going on and on pretending like you got all the time in the world. Let me go on and get out..."

"No! No!" Natalie said.
"Tell us about the temp job!" Wanda added.

"Oh, that's my girls. So! Yesterday my boss, Mr Haddox, was going crazy working on a slogan for a new breakfast cereal. You know, the one with the little marshmallow moon men?" She started.

"I do!" Jamie said from behind her.

"So, it's ten minute before the big presentation, and Mr. Haddox has got nothin"
Geraldine went on.

Natalie, who was now standing behind Wanda put her hands behind her back and tried to break down the energetic matter of the stork.

Wanda tried the same thing and it didn't work either so the two girls resorted to trying get it to leave.

Instead it started to walk towards the front of the couches where the three resided.

"Boo!" Geraldine said at the same time Natalie and Wanda threw and orange at the bird.

The stork chattered causing Geraldine to stand up abruptly. "Did you hear that?" She asked.

"No" Wanda and Natalie replied.
"I like birds." Jamie said.

"That's great!" Natalie said. "But hon, do you mind just" Natalie held up her finger to her lips, "For just a couple of second please?"

"It was like a chattering sound like..." Geraldine mimicked the sound and Wanda did the same using the excuse that it was her new ice maker.