chapter twenty-six

Previously On

Me and Wanda walked through the S.W.O.R.D. headquarters with a look of anger and impatience. I walked up to the front desk and leaned my elbows on it.

"We know you have him" I say. "I'm sorry... But like I said..."

"Please" Wanda said.

"Please. When I came back, he was gone. His body... And I know he's here. He's deserves a funeral. At least. I deserve it" she says looking at the man.

His phone started to ring and he picked it up. "Yes, they're still here"

I looked up to the security camera and then turned back to the man at the desk.

"Through the doors, down the hall, two lefts and a right" the man said.

Me and Wanda immediately walked away. "One moment, I have to buzz you in!"

"I think I got it" I say waving my hand causing he door to fly open as me and Wanda walked through it.

We walked to where he told us to and met with another man.

"Natalie Nora, Wanda Maximoff. It's an honor to meet you two, truly"

"And you are?" I ask.
"Director, Tyler Hayward. I understand you two are here to see The Vision. To recover his body, that is, is that right?"

"Your correct, now if you can please tell us where his god damn body is we can be in our way and out door as soon as possible" I smiled sarcastically.

"I'd like to show you ladies something" Hayward said.

"And then you give him to us?" Wanda questions.

"Please, just come with me"

He walked us towards a glass window and I looked down to see Vision. But he was all in pieces while people worked on him.

"What is this? Why are you showing us this?" Wanda asked.
"Because you asked to see it?"

They were just drilling random pieces of him and treating him as if he were a lab rat. He was just dull and random parts.

"You guys can't do this? Why? Who... How did you guys get him?" I say.

"Two weeks after vision died the Avengers sent him here, you should know this, you were there" Hayward replies in a manipulating voice.

"That's funny of you to say considering I got snapped along with half of the universe! You can't do this! Vision was a person, he had feelings just like the rest of humanity! He was... He was my friend"

"That's where your wrong. The Vision was nothing more than an AI. He can't feel emotions, he can't feel pain. Maybe you were just... Imagining that he did to get over the death of Your parents and Hydra-"

"You didn't know him! At all! You can't pretend like this isn't wrong!"

"We're dismantling the most sophisticated sentient weapon ever made. It doesn't get more right than this"

"Visions not a weapon. You can't do this" Wanda finally said.

"In fact, it is our legal and ethical obligation"

"We just want to bury him, please? That is ALL we want"

"Are you sure?" He said.

"What are you implying!?" I say offended.
"Not everyone has the power to bring there friend back online, forgive me, back to life" Hayward said.

"No, we can't do that, that's not why were here..." I replied.

"Ok... But I can't let you two take 3 billion dollars worth of vibranium just to put it in the ground. So... The best I can do is let the both of you say goodbye to him here"

"He's one of the only people I have left" Wanda says.
"That's just the thing, Wanda. He isn't yours"

I turned my head a bit to see Wanda was just as upset.

Wanda breaks the glass allowing us to glide down.
I stood next to vision lifeless head and took the last of whatever was in me, in him.

I didn't even wait for Wanda as I flew back up and went outside and straight to her red car.

A couple minutes after she left the building and grabbed the envelope in the back seat.

We now drive through the completely dry town of Westview. Everyone seemed bored with their life, like they had nothing else to do. "Can you drop me off right here?" I say, pointing to the pizza shop.

"I'll get slices and I'll meet you" I say.

"If there's anything that solves all my depressing issues it's food"

"Um, pepperoni, thankyou" she said allowing me to get out of the car.

I walked into the small shop to see a random guy.
"May I have one cheese and one pepperoni please?" I ask.

"Yup, that'll be $3.50" the man said unenthusiastically.

He handed me the slices in the box and I walked out of the store.

I felt a little part of me explode in a way that I couldn't explain and the green hue around me went through the walls and expanded.

But when it did I felt like I was in control of my life for once. I felt like everything was going to be okay and had finally found a place in this black and White world.

"Oh my! I need to get these ingredients to Wanda fast" I say hurrying to the girls house. It look me about a good thirty minutes to get there and I walked though the back door.

"Well hello, I'm back" I said walking through the Visions kitchen door.

"I brought pasta, pasta sauce, peppers, onions,garlic, paprika, seasoning salt, pepper..." I started.

"Natalie! Now is not the time!"

"Bravo!" Agatha said clapping.
She snapped he fingers and left behind a purple mist.

I heard the screams of the children and me and Wanda looked at each other before running outside.

Agatha hovered in the air while she held the children with a thin purple string as they clung on to it on the ground.

"I know what you are! You two don't know how dangerous you are. The two of you are supposed to be myths." she called out as Wanda tried to console the kids.

"One being capable of spontaneous creation and the other a bringer of life and death, the power to travel through any point in space and time! And here you two are using it to create children and make breakfast for dinner. And Vision, and this whole little life you made? This is chaos magic! And that makes you The Jade and Scarlet Witch"

I planned on writing my "NoraVerse" but I've lost all enthusiasm. To explain, Natalie is the one to bring vision to life in AOU. Her powers were intertwined with him so he has remnants of it after he died.
Also, this might be the last chapter for another hot minute because I kind of dislike this story now...