chapter twenty-two

Previously On

"Agatha Harkness, Are you a witch?" Her mother asked.

"Yes! Yes, I am a witch" she said in a pleading manner.
"Yet you have betrayed your coven" her mother replied as her and the coven took off their hoods.

"I have not!"

"You stole knowledge above your age and station. You practiced the darkest of magic"

"I know nothing of these crimes! I-I swear it!"

"Enough deception!" Her mother called out.

"I did not break your rules. They simply bent to my power" Agatha replied giving a small smirk.

The witches started chanting in latin and Agatha started to beg.

"I can not control it! If only you'd teach me! Help me! Please! Mother, please!"

All the witches hands extended releasing blue magic into her at every angle.

She screamed and everyone around her started to slowly get the life sucked out of them. Her mother rose in the air and readying her magic as she changed along side them.

One of Agatha's hands broke free from the magical chains.

She waved her arms back forcing all of he witches, except her mother, to fall on the ground lifelessly behind her.

"Please, I can be good" She said.
"Not you cannot" her mother replied as she forced all of her magic towards the girl.

Agatha's body slowly absorbed the power and her mother, just like the other witches, fell lifeless on the ground.

Agatha stepped off the rocks she was standing on and walked towards her dead mother.
She picked the broach off around her neck and flew away.

"What? No, I know. They do looked shocked to meet the real us, don't they?" Agatha asked her pet rabbit.

"Oh, that's adorable, my thoughts are not available to you, toots. They never ever were so don't go givin' yourself a migraine. We've got lots of work to do" She said to Wanda.

"Where are the children?" Me and Wanda say angrily.

"Where are my children" she mocked. "God, the both of your accents really do come and go, don't they?"

"Where are they!" I tell holding my hands out.
I looked down to see nothing coming out of my hands.

I stepped back in realization. "Aww, your magics no good here" she said.

All of a sudden me and Wanda felt our hands and feet tied by some sort of purple powers.
She pulled us forward forcefully and said, "didn't you notice? Basic protection spell, one on each wall"

She pointed to the walls and I looked around to see the weird symbols I saw earlier.

"No? Nothing? These are runes! In a given space only the witch who cast the runes can use her magic. How do you two not know the fundamentals?" She asked.

"Who are you?" Wanda asked slowly.
"Who are you two?" Agatha replied.

"All those costumes and hairstyles. I was so patient, waiting for you two to reveal your true selves. I got close with fake Pietro, Fietro, if you will, but no dice. Jade, that girl, I don't know about her buts she's really easy to manipulate" she said.

"That was you?" Wanda asked.
"No, it wasn't literally me. Just my eyes and ears. A crystalline possession. Necromancy was a non-starter since the bodies of your sister and brother are on two different continents, but your so crippled by your self doubt that you believed it. Oh, when I sensed this place, the after glow if so many spells cast all at once... Oh, I couldn't make heads or tails of it." She replied stepping away and grabbing a cicada that was on her wall.

She waved her hand around it and chanted strange words. "Mind control, a classic. Quick incantation and a feeble physce and your ready to go" she said making the cicada fly in Wandas face.

She shook her head and she made another one appear on my face as well.
"Thousands of people under your thumbs. All interacting with each other, according to complex storylines. Well, that's something special, baby. And if course, there's transmutation" she said plucking the cicadas off if us and turning them into birds, one in each hand.

"Years of study to achieve even the smallest convincing illusion. But Westview through your lenses, every little detail in place down to the crown molding. Your even running illusions miles away at the edge of town! Magic on autopilot" she squeezed the two birds in their hands making them chirp in pain.

"What's your secret, sisters?" She asked.
She walked forward to me face to face.

"And you" she said angrily.
"Your here, powering every device in Westview, creating frequencies to block people from coming in, airing this television show every day, sending this town through different points in time? You're something else..." She added throwing the birds towards the bunny on her table.

They formed back into cicadas and she stepped away from me to look at me and Wanda.

"Listen, hey I need you, I need you two to tell me how you did this" she said.
"We didn't do any of this! We're not..." Wanda tried to say.

Agatha slammed me and Wanda together and then into the wall bringing us back to where we were.

"I tried to be gentle" she said.
"To nudge you both awake from this ridiculous fantasy but you'd rather fall apart then face your truth"

"You left me no choice, what was it you both said to Fietro? Hmm? All you two could recall was the feeling.
You both felt empty, Alone, Endless nothingness. Let's start there" she said plucking a strand of me and Wandas hair.

I turned to see the door beside us glowing purple.

"Its been fun playing pretend for a while, hasn't it?" Agatha asked.

She chanted something in latin and the red and green  strands of our hair glowed purple as she sent it towards the door.

"But it's time to take a look at some real reruns" she said.

She let us go from our restraints and the door opened to reveal an apartment.