Chapter 25

Diamond's POV

I had to beg and beg the nurse to let me go. I even started screaming until an officer came in. He said to just let me go if I felt fine. She did not budge. Eventually, there was two police officers, me, and Dallas yelling at her to just admit me to leave.

It only took like two hours but I got to leave. I didn't really feel better but the sooner I go back the sooner this can be over. Or the sooner I go to jail.

Uh oh.

I didn't think about it that way.

Well, it was either the hospital or the jail. I'd prefer hospital but maybe there won't be jail?

What am I saying?

I'm going to jail.

Dallas does not enjoy my pessimistic attitude so I stopped saying it around him.

But it doesn't matter anymore.

I'm in New York.

It really hasn't been that long since I've been here but it feels like a lifetime ago. I made a whole new life for myself in Oklahoma. Now I'm in a police station in New York talking to an officer.

I told him pretty much everything. Not any details but gave him the basic story. He lit up the room after two hours of talking. This window behind him lit up and people started walking in.

"It's a one way window. They can't see us but we can see them. They look familiar?"

I moved my head over to look behind him. I recognized them alright. "Yeah, I know them."

"Name them." He said.

I gave him a nasty look but did it quickly in the order they were standing. "Chris Parr, Hudson Goul, Caleb Ranks, Isaiah Jurved, Lucas Nicols, Henry Barns, Ben Dubber, Will Smock, Oliver Wood, and Elijah Teer." I said with a grin.

"Will they recognize you?"

"They better." I said trying to sound intimidating. I crossed my arms as the officer went over and turned on the light and I think that meant they could see me now.

They were all slouched over and groaning and moping around. He turned the switch on and I glared at all of them. I kinda forgot how much I missed it.

I laughed as they all saw me. I gave them a sarcastic wave and they all stood up straight and glared at me.

"Anything you wanna say to them? They can hear you." The officer asked me flipping another switch which turned on a speaker for us to talk.

"I'm alright. I'll see them in court." I said with another small laugh.

He turned off the speaker and their ability to see me.

"Court?" I nodded. "What makes you think you have a chance to save yourself?"

"I know my rights. If I wanna trial I am guaranteed one."

"You got a lawyer?"

"I can get one."

He rolled his eyes. He told me a few things about how this is gonna have to happen. It has to be within the next three weeks.

That's not NEARLY enough time.

Shit...

So I've gotta ask around for some lawyers.

That's not gonna be easy.

I just have to remember... these few months of pain and craziness could save my entire future. I gotta do this.

I made the date for the latest possible day I could. He said it was a bad idea because just in case it gets cancelled then there's no way I can reschedule. I don't know what dumb law this is or who made it up but this three week thing is bullshit.

This is just the start and I'm already going nuts.

*Three Weeks Later*

I didn't run into the guys or my dad during this time which I was thankful for. I still had so many questions about how he was here. Where's mom? What happened that day?

But I guess I'll get my answers soon enough.

The trial is today and I got a lawyer and she said she'll do everything she can. Her name is Miriam Wells. She went out and got me a nice outfit for today. It's 4:00 AM and we're waiting for it to start but we have two hours still.

Did I mention this whole thing is gonna be on TV?

Yep. It is.

Streaming across radios and TV's across America and probably the rest of the world.

The exact opposite of what I wanted.

But at least I have a small chance of freedom.

A very very VERY small chance. But it's still there.

I put on the outfit and it was not like something I'd wear. (Picture below) -It was professional. It was good for today though. It was a black dress and a beige coat to go over it. She also got these tall black heels but I wouldn't have worn the shoes if they weren't heels. I made sure she knew that. She didn't even think it was weird because I told her my entire life story. She knows the whole thing and how I feel powerful in them. And I'm just short.

But we finally got in a police car and it took us to the court house. She said to just ignore everyone and move along. I asked "Who's everyone?" And she said I'd see very shortly.

"We're about two minutes away from the courthouse. We did good on such short time. Ok? But remember, keep your head down and don't say anything. It's gonna be tempting but do NOT say anything at all until I say so. Promise me that right now."

"I promise." Jesus Christ why is she acting like that.

It didn't take long for me to realize what the hell she was talking about.

So many people were lined up out the door. But it was just regular people. It was just New York citizens. "Now you understand?" She asked. I nodded. "Let's go. Don't say anything."

"