Chapter 1

Diamond's POV

"Blood..." I mumbled.

"What was that?" My dad scolded.

"You can't leave yet... there's still blood." I mumbled a bit louder.

"Speak up!" He yelled.

"There's blood!" I screamed.

We all looked back into the building. Two young adults, probably 21 or 22, were carrying the body of a dead woman they had just killed. "Fuck you guys!" Dad yelled. "Get out of here!"

Everyone started to run away as quick as they could and I followed but my dad called me back. "Get in here, Alex. You want something done right you gotta do it yourself." Dad said.

You might have a few questions. Well, my dad's a very rich man. Mama goes around the country all the time and shops at the richest stores with the fanciest people. She says that I'm very lucky to grow up in such a wealthy family.

The reason we get this money is bad though. Dad goes around killing people. We're known as the New York City Mafia. We aren't only in New York City, though.

I'm only 4 years old. I'm almost 5 though. My real name is Diamond Ross but everyone knows me as Alex Holtz. Dad says I'm gonna run the organization one day and I'll be one of the smartest kids in the world. When I told mama that, she said I won't be the smartest kid academic wise but street wise I will be.

Most people that work for my dad are about 20 years older than me or somewhere around that. Bill, the youngest one of the group besides me, says you only remember your childhood when something traumatic happens and that I'll remember everything very clearly. I don't really know what that meant but I don't really care either. I think he's 16.

Mama says I should be traveling with her instead of learning about all this but dads argument is that I need to learn now just in case something happens to them and how he doesn't want some hobo running the family business. I hope they aren't gonna die anytime soon though because I won't be much help now.

Dad grabbed the rug on the floor with the blood stains on it and put it under his arm. "Is everything still in place?" He asked.

"I think so." I said.

"I want a confident answer." He scolded.

"Yes."

"Now remember, normally we have to stay very very quiet. But since we're out in the middle of the forest, we can talk a bit louder. But next time you come along with me for one of these trips, you won't make a noise, got it?" I nodded.

I took a quick glance at the note on the counter.

"I decided to take a quick vacation for a bit. I don't know where I'm going yet but hopefully somewhere in Europe!"

Dad made mama write the note so it looked like a womans handwriting. We all rushed in and the girl panicked. She was probably in her late 20's or early 30's. Dad said she knew too much and it was easier to get rid of her. I wasn't quite sure what he meant by that but I guess I'll never know.

She was sleeping when we all barged in. She woke up to the door being opened and she screamed. She tried to run but she ran right into Tom, one of the older men in the group. She didn't stand a chance. It scared me at first but overall, it didn't seem to bother me.

They dug the knife through her chest and put her body in the garbage bag. You know the rest. The blood on the rug and dad getting mad at everyone.

"I have to get rid of this rug. We'll come back and get the money later." Dad said to me while checking his watch. "Let's go." And I followed like the sheep I was.

Dad threw out the rug at the place we all stayed. It was a real fancy building that was hidden far away from where all the action was. It was in an abandoned city in New York. Nobody dared to go over here. That's how we stay hidden I guess. Dad has it all covered.

Mama and I are the only girls who live at the house. Dad says the gang is too stupid to find a girl. I ran inside and mama was in her room going through a bunch of shopping bags.

"There's my girl. How was it today?"

"Dad said everyone's an idiot and if you want something done right you have to do it yourself."

She rolled her eyes. "Wouldn't you rather be going out and exploring the world with me? I can buy you anything you'd like!"

Dad walked in. "She needs to learn." I told ya. I hear this conversation about 20 times a day.

"Learn for what? She's a baby."

"I'm almost 5!" I snapped.

"That's far too young."

"But when she's 14 or so, she'll be doing great because of me."

Mama rolled her eyes. "Whatever you say. But we won't be going anywhere anytime soon. Wanna see the stuff I bought you?" Mama asked. I nodded.

"Yay!" I said smiling.

"It's in the bags over there." She said pointing to the corner. I ran over and went through the bags.

"Boss, we have a problem." Someone said. I think his name was Derrick.

Dad rolled his eyes. "I'll be back."

I went through the bags and it was a bunch of toys and clothes. There was also jewelry! "Do you like it?" Mom asked.

"You got me a necklace!" I said excitedly.

"I thought since you're growing up, you deserve it."

Mom never bought me expensive jewelry like hers. She said I was too young for it. "Thank you!" I said pulling it out of the small box. She helped me put it on and I ran to my room with all the other stuff she bought me.

This is what I imagine Diamond looking like for when she's 18 which is how old she'll be for most of the fanfic*all images are found on google*

*all images are found on google*