Chapter 7

Diamond's POV

"Well mom," I mumbled to myself, "I'm finally gonna live the life you always wished you had."

I zipped the jacket so the red didn't show. I put my hair up in a tight ponytail and we left.

"What will you be doing?" Hudson asked.

"Watching. Duh. You think this will go smoothly? No. I'll be there if something goes bad." I said.

They didn't question it after that.

We walked down to the harbor and I told them to get going. It would probably take them about 5 minutes to get over to the dock. So I took this chance to find a phone line. I dialled the police.

"Hello, where is your emergency?" The woman asked.

"I'm at the dock. I think the mafia is here. They're all dressed in black. There's like 10-15 guys." I said stuttering.

"We'll have officers down there in 5 minutes." She said stopping my rambling.

"Thank you." And she hung up. I sighed. "Please, please, please go well." I begged to myself.

I unzipped my jacket and tied it around my waste. I quickly applied a bunch of makeup just so I didn't look like myself. I put a bunch of foundation on and gave myself a unibrow. I didn't put on mascara because I had really long eye lashes anyway. I put on brown eye shadow, a red lipstick, and really bad eye liner. And to top it all off, I put glasses on.

I waited around a building and I finally heard a cop car. I looked around the building and I saw the guys just getting on the ship. They were trying to life one of the crates. Jesus Christ.

I ran up to a cop. "They're down there!" I said pointing. He looked taken back by the makeup look I had on. "Hurry!" I said getting him away from getting a good look at my face.

"What's going on?" Some guy asked. He had a chick behind him.

"The mafia is down there." I said pointing.

The girlfriend gasped and backed up behind him. After about a minute, there was already a huge crowd. Everyone was mumbling and looking around. Finally, the cops had the guys. One cop had two of them. Idiots.

They were all looking around frantically. I knew they wouldn't notice me. Caleb was yelling that they were framed but they weren't. The cops could easily see that. They brought this upon themselves.

I saw cameras everywhere. There was a reported standing in front of one. I had to get out of here.

Dallas' POV

We were all watching the TV and my mouth dropped... they caught the guys. They really messed up.

The gang didn't seem to care much about it. I met these guys when I first came down here. I just went to the furthest place I could for under $10. I met Johnny and he introduced me to everyone else. They're pretty cool.

I also live above a bar now. Much less fancy than the mansion back in New York. I work there occassionally but the owner, Buck, owes me it. I helped him out on a busy night and now he let's me stay there.

Nobody seemed to bothered by the huge arrest by the dock. But I was unsettled. Only because I didn't see Diamond in the group of people taken away.

"Ladies and gentlemen, today is a big day for New York! Chris Parr, Hudson Goul, Caleb Ranks, Isaiah Jurved, Lucas Nicols, Henry Barns, Ben Dubber, Will Smock, Oliver Wood, and Elijah Teer have been taken into custody for being apart of the infamous New York City Mafia. Police are still on the look for the rest of the men and the one and only, Alex Holtz. The men will be questioned tonight. If you are aware of the wearabouts of anyone else regarding this group, please report it to the New York City police department."

Two-Bit turned off the TV. "Hey!" I scolded. "I was watching that." I said.

"Why do you care? You don't live in New York anymore. It doesn't effect any of us in any way." Ponyboy said.

If only he knew.

"Fine. Whatever. I was just curious." I mumbled. They didn't think too much of it. I mean, if they knew how I knew every single one of those guys, they would hate me and I wasn't about to ruin my reputation like that.

Diamond's POV

I ran down to the train station and I didn't have anything. Just the clothes on my body, a bunch of extra makeup, and a $500 hidden in my back pocket. It was a lot in some cases, but it won't last me a month in a house. I'm gonna need to find a job.

I asked what was the farthest place I could go for under $10. I have to use my money wisely. I can't mess this up.

The girl gave me a the last ticket for some city in Oklahoma. I had a feeling that all travel will be shut down for a while until they find 'Alex Holtz' so I had to get out fast.

I got on the train feeling disgusting. I had so much makeup on and I felt like it was staining my face. I never wore too much makeup. I just did what I had to do to make myself look more intimidating. It only took my like 10 minutes to do even though for most girls it would probably take a half an hour.

My mom was gorgeous. She never wore makeup. I'll admit I was a bit jealous of it. She had shorter eye lashes but that was pretty much her only flaw. And it looked good on her. I, sadly, got more of my dads looks. I looked intimidating but I had to make myself fit the part. I didn't wanna look like some beginner makeup artist.

But after the long train ride, I was out of New York. And I found out that from now on, everyone who tries to enter or leave New York, must have their ID and birth certificate with them. Or something like that. I don't care. I don't plan on going back anytime soon.