Stardust | Kaeya ft. Diluc

S t a r d u s t

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

ft. Ragnvindr

Being blessed with a Vision of Cryo says a lot about the character—the will and sparkle from within a person worthy enough to be glanced by an Archon. 

Wielding Cryo and utilizing its frosty power may as well numb the Vision holder, and though some aspects of it is true—nothing is colder than the reality of being alone in a promise left unfulfilled.

To think that one mirthful, playful Captain in the Knights would be seen dolent in times of festivities... is pretty surprising. Witnesses have never seen the man be more sentimental than ever, hence their lack of approach.

In both fortunate and unfortunate circumstances, it is only a certain Ragnvindr who can garner a reaction out of the usually more expressive Knight.

As underwhelming as it is after 'bonding' over shared nostalgia during the eve of New Year's and seeing no certain [c]-haired female showing up at the door to fulfill her end of a promise from long ago, they have to move on. 

The days wait for no one and you'll be left behind by time if you continue to remain idle in the past's haunting, no matter how sweet or bitter the memories may be.

Relaying this to his step-sibling earned him nothing more but an unimpressed look, an expression that doesn't quite suit the Cryo-user, if Diluc were to admit.

But as much as he's not 'fond' of his brother's initial motives that may endanger Mondstadt, he still is his brother even if it's not by blood. There's a bond that simply refuses to resurface from being buried underground, and though they'd both prefer it that way, time calls for desperate measures. 

Diluc has gone through the trauma of losing a close relative and even if he's certain that Kaeya probably went through worse, he'd still prefer if he can lessen the weight of angst in the latter's chest.

In a few days just after New Year's—after getting fed up over his sibling's constant visit to the tavern to intoxicate himself—he's already set to scout the regions ahead in search for their friend of olden days. 

They were very close back then and he knew personally that [Name] wouldn't dare break a promise, so there has to be something that's caught up that forbid her from ever getting back to Mondstadt.

She's always believed that the Wind will lead her back to them, for they've been her home.

And that day comes as a surprise when Barbatos himself appeared at the tavern the night before, the usual perky smile on his face present as he leaned and said,

"In this city of idylls, you two best not be down. So worry not! For I've the solution to ease your frowns!"

Figures. He's speaking figures he couldn't be bothered to respond to.

That is until the day after when he's adjusting his coat before he's about to head towards Liyue in hopes of finding traces of their friend's whereabouts, did he come with a reply.