Memoria | Venti

M e m o r i a

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

Shy flower blooms, under a tree's loom

It dances gracefully, right beside the lilies

"That song... !"

Paimon muses as she sprung from nothingness, constellations flying about her as she came to dwell on the melodies strummed from the bard's lyre and of his lips that spoke of another enchanting tale. Her blond companion, Aether, nods in retrospect of the song, having only heard it once, therefore understanding emergency food's surprise.

Within the mass of green, nearby the soak of blue

Shy flower is billowed like a feather

"He often plays by the statue near the cathedral, and every time we listen... well, he doesn't sing this one," pondered the floating female, "I wonder why? Let's go ask him!"

The swordsman didn't really get a say in the situation, for Paimon had already flown past across the Statue of the Seventh by the enormous tree in Windrise to approach the Anemo Archon, who is far too busy in his own little world, sitting and strumming his instrument atop the buttress roots that jutted out of the earth. Aether is almost guilty when the former was taken out of his reverie because of their intrusion—but the bard supposes he can't blame them, for this is the first time they've met after purifying Dvalin, and after sending them to Liyue in hopes of meeting the Geo Archon.

"A wonderful day, isn't it?" greeted Venti.

"It is! What's that song about? Is it another tale? Sounds really figurative," tackled Paimon with great speed, not once relenting with her assumptions.

Again, the outlander felt bad, but all he could do was to try and shush her.

The Archon laughs—as expected—but Aether didn't miss the way he shot a look at the flowers that sat around the base of the roots he was previously sitting on, and couldn't help but also wonder about the song upon seeing the inscrutable emotion on the bard's face. Was it one of sadness and loss? He can relate, if so. He didn't want to push the subject onto the deity, though, how rude would that be? Even if said god was totally fine about those kinds of matter.

But then he gives the traveller a look of what he thinks is forlorn, and the latter recoils, blinking with wide eyes.

"Well, I suppose I can tell a story or two,"

"Al~right!" cheered Paimon.

Venti winks playfully at this, "In the form of a song, of course!"