Divaricate | Venti

(Second Part/Prequel to "Devoir")

D i v a r i c a t e

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

"Don't be shy, be at ease! After one anomaly down, no one will be subjected to harm's tease,"

It's amusing how words return to bite you back harshly, and you realize the pain of never being able to take it back. How many times have the Four Winds told him to focus less on trifling things that please him? Will it hurt to take proper responsibility before the time even comes for him to be called? It won't, his Winds have emphasized this—you had emphasized this, but does the bard ever listen?

He doesn't.

.

Venti was, and is the weakest of the Seven Archons. He knew and has accepted that.

"Wait—!" he calls, eyes wide, "It is not you who she wants to—"

You can't beat her! You'll only be hurt and—

But you did not listen.

The Archon could feel his heart stopping in fear as you ran straight into the rain of fire and smoke, unable to see the creeping frost on the ground, prepared for your strike of electricity.

La Signora traipses back as the glint of a claymore comes into sight from within the cloud of smoke, the said weapon swinging horizontally and missing only an inch. A ghost of an amused smile appears on her lips at the view of a vigilant vision-holder aiming to protect the weakest Archon of them all, and giggled mockingly as your figure gets coated with an aura of pulsing violet, searing and crackling lines of lightning harshly zipping outward as you made contact with the water.

The electrifying pain was felt by both sides, and the Fatui had thought it was enough for you to at least be hindered, but you persevered with a war cry, hurling your weapon to slam against the ground and capture her by surprise. She dances away from it at the last second, the cement shattering upon impact but you were quick to spin and deliver another swing, your electricity meeting with the frosty barrier she has conjured and—zap!

"Tch, enough of you." hissed the Fatui as she rears her hand, the taste of superconduct crackling in her blood and making her jitter every now and then, but you weren't safe from said effect, as well. "Begone, you mere rat! Daring to interfere with those almighty," the frost spread all over the ground once more, this time choosing to crawl over to you, but before it could be swept across, a wind of great turbulence thrusts from behind you, coming from an open palm of Venti who bore the winds to swirl around you.

Shameless—what kind of god has to depend on someone? Thought the Fatui as the sword wielder jumped back to guard the Archon from the Cicin Mages that has fled from her side to attack the pair. With constant swirls of wind amplifying the burst of electricity, it would be a little bit precarious if she were to whisk forward.

But then again, your petty little pyro-user of a friend is being holed up by her own agents, so she's out of commission—the others are engaged in a battle somewhere and that traveller is nowhere to be found. You were the only one in the way.

If that's the case...

La Signora chuckles haughtily as she darts to you, knowing it will invoke a reaction from the pitiful bard. And to her amusement, it did, he had moved to summon his bow and aim with gritted teeth. It's funny that even he has felt the initiative to at least try and protect a mortal—

But as quick as she was before, she darted, fading into snowy crystals and phasing through him with ease. Smirking after hearing him gasp, she knew what's about to unfold all too well, it will be your downfall. And when he had desperately called out your name to alert you that the Harbinger had approached, he had also wrestled away your attention on the Cicin Mages that were close to falling to their knees.