Priority | Aether

P r i o r i t y

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

"How long exactly are you going to torment yourself?"

You shift your look up from the outlander's back towards the figure that approached and situated to your left, taking up the spot of the damp rock that sat above the lake. 

It isn't surprising that he didn't mind the faintly wet place, he preferred it over anything hot—which is a miracle since today's quite sunny, yet he chose to walk out of camp. 

Chongyun throws his head back, icy eyes staring across the water onto a wooden dais where the traveller is practicing swordplay.

"I don't know what you're talking about..." he scoffs at your answer but didn't hold it against you.

He just can't seem to grasp his head around it, though.

"Don't be ridiculous, it is obvious that you like him."

You tense, but you don't stray your gaze away from Aether, who with the aid of Xiangling, repositions the training material you all had taken from the hilichurls after fending them off. 

Instead of destroying those, the latter proposed to use it as their own equipment, which proved to be taxing having to carry it around, so you all settled to make a camp somewhere you can return to whenever visiting these lands.

"Why don't you just tell him? It's not like it's going to do something." commented the exorcist, garnering him a tiny, defeated sigh.

It's not like you don't want to, but you can't. Not when he's but a fleeting presence in Teyvat in search for his lost kin, and not when he's in the road to—undoubtedly—be dubbed as a hero in his wake. 

Not when he clearly doesn't have time for petty fluffs of crushes and certainly not when he doesn't look at you the way you look at him.

Chongyun's face is as passive as ever, but you could tell that he wanted to say something, only he was held back off when Xiangling came to run towards the two of you with an invite to join them for sparring. 

An odd situation to be put in, but it's obvious that it was something the members of the outlander's party enjoyed, and the bluenette won't be saying no, especially when he gets the chance to train. 

He gives you a look, saying, "Will you join?" to which you shook your head.

Indifferent but the slightest bit concerned, he stands up from the rock and goes knee-length deep into the lake, making his way towards the platform with his claymore materializing by his back.