Sojourn | Venti

(Minor spoiler[?] for Venti's backstory)

S o j o u r n

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

An errand took away most of their time, as Lumine feared, but who is she to cower away from helping those in need? Even if... it was to catch a cat, or to grab some ledgers miles away, or to save a man from getting shoveled over by a handful of exasperated slimes. 

It was dawn when the bard approached her in front of the cathedral, just after coming to see the deaconess, for a small favor of critiquing his new song. 

Naturally, she—though Paimon was the most earnest—agreed, but was held off when blocked by a rather desperate citizen. Thus, they promised to meet by Starsnatch Cliff after the completion of her commissions.

"Aaaah! It's already nighttime, though!" Paimon exclaims, her tiny form twisting and turning as she flew, "T-Tone Deaf Bard! We must've kept him waiting for so long! Hurry up!"

Lumine sighs out at her traveling companion's words, mumbling something about the increase of errands due to the latter's insistence—though she didn't turn them down, either, so she was in no position to blame anyone. Not like she would.

The magnificent sky is bejeweled with burning constellations that lit up the supposedly dark environment, with the green canopy of grass being lit up with the firmament's nightly tone of blue. 

Accompanying this is the pleasant melody of plucked strings and the strokes of Anemo's signature color of teal swirling up in the air, and initially, the pair are relieved to know that their friend kept his word, but they're left to gawk when they came to notice that it is a stranger standing by the edge of the cliff.

A girl, meticulously draped with white, teal, and gold is humming as she strummed the strings of the wooden lyre in her hands, the said strings pulsing with a glow each time her finger gives it attention. 

An enchanting view it was and—and is that Anemo? 

Swirling like a broad helix beneath her feet, it took them a moment to realize that she was floating several inches off the ground.

"A vision holder, perhaps?" Paimon asks for the two of them, to which Lumine only shrugged with a bewildered face. 

Before she can open her mouth, however, her companion has already flown over to the stranger, no doubt to ask about their friend's whereabouts. "Excuse me! Have you seen a bard around here somewhere?" the blonde traveler facepalms at this with a flustered sigh.

In response to the arrival and question of the pair, the still-unnamed girl opens her eyes, the Anemo fluttering all around her slipping into the wisps of the wind as she steps down onto the earth, the lyre tucked safely in her arms.