Fortuna | Bennett

F o r t u n a

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

"[Name], watch out, you're going to get hit by that Mitachurl!!"

Bennett yells as he pulls back his sword from a fallen Cryo Abyss Mage, emerald eyes growing owlish as he takes in your nonchalant form standing someplace in the vast prairies, the only thing shielding you being the sturdy violet parasol that bounced off the heavy rain.

You see his panic rising in how he carried himself to run as fast as he could, obviously endeavoring to reach you first before the Mitachurl could, but you simply laid your hand out to collect the droplets of rain. 

You're certain he almost got a heart attack by your refusal to even budge.

"Don't worry! I'm sure chances are absolute," you point your look down to see the small, barely noticeable ledge that elevated a section of the land and smiled, "The big guy will have to stumble and fall on its face! I'm sure you can find a way to defeat it, then!"

The teen voices out his incredulity at your indifference as the axe-wielding Mitachurl dashed towards your unsuspecting back and he nearly threw his sword in hopes of it bouncing off its face, but to his shock, the monster toppled, stumbling to the side and faceplanting onto the ground. Like you predicted.

A whine resonates amidst the rainfall but Bennett takes the chance to leap and swing his flaming weapon down, disintegrating the already wounded foe in one strike.

He is still left astounded as the embers blink into ashes then nothingness, the pitter-patter of rain washing over his soaked hair and clothes. Staring at the nullified existence of what used to be a monster made him feel odd—and giddy. Normally, he would've also tripped on the way to finish off the Mitachurl.

Heck, he could've even slipped.

Might've even lost one of his boots.

But—

"Hey, now, what's gotten you looking so far away?"

He blinks and looks up upon sensing no cascade of water and meets the base coverage of the violet parasol, turning his head to meet your gentle smile, he gulps.

—But ever since [Name] joined, he barely has anything bad happening to him.

"Don't be so down, you! The weather's about to be so nice, too! Come, I'll treat you to Good Hunter, you deserve it!" he doesn't stumble over his own footing when the girl takes his hand and began tugging him towards the path back to Mondstadt, eventually leaving the grasslands.

Your parasol hid most of your back, but he's sure that you still have the same smile on your face. It sure is a miracle he hasn't fallen even once when you're practically skipping in evident joy, though the reason remains unknown—you're just always happy. 

There is never a day someone in Mondstadt sees you frowning, it's almost like you're actually incapable of feeling bitterness.

As he dwells on this revelation, he notices a gleam of faint yellow kissing his skin and the absence of small water drops.

"It's... it's sunny!" he exclaims as the two of you falter by Mondstadt's gates, with you closing your parasol and playfully hitting his bicep.

"Is it worth getting surprised over?"