chapter one, intro

chapter one; my nurse named mary

"May I come in?"

Rolling onto her side, now facing away from the door, Eloise remained silent.

"Goodmorning, Miss Eloise. Time for your breakfast and meds." The nurse popped her head through the door, a different nurse every day since she was admitted.

Eloise closed her eyes, pretending to not have heard the women. Every day was like a loop replaying over and over.

"I know you don't want them sweetheart, but don't you want to get better and go home?" The Nurse invited herself in the door, sitting on the end of the bed.

"I would gladly take your place, you're father is quite handsome." The nurse nudged Eloise's blanket-covered leg, trying to get some reaction.

"Remus is not my father," Eloise whispered, opening her eyes and turning to face the nurse.

"He cares for you like one, so it counts." The nurse stood, starting her vitamin and mineral treatment. Eloise gagged as she watched the liquid make its way into the tube that was shoved into her nose.

Eloise was sent to an eating disorder recovery center right outside of London, She couldn't remember how she got here exactly, but when she woke up, she was laying in this exact bed.

Everything was going perfectly. I read Isabelle's letter, and then I was going to find George and tell him everything.

But that was obviously not how her night went.

____________________

The night comes back to her in pieces, she remembers hearing Ron's screams as her father dragged him into the whomping willow. She knew then that something was terribly wrong, she would never forgive herself if Ron was severely injured and she could have prevented any more damage.

Looking back to the pitch, Eloise fought between the two.

"George can wait."

She then entered the willow after Hermione and Harry.

Following the root-filled tunnel into the Shrieking Shack, Eloise followed the voices echoing through the halls. Inside one of the rooms, she found her father, along with Remus, Harry, and Hermione. With special guests, Peter Pettigrew, and an unconscious Snape in the corner.

"He's innocent Harry." Eloise surprised herself as she felt the words leave her mouth, startling everyone in the room.

"Oh Eloise, you're so big now! And so beautiful!" Peter bowed down at her feet, whimpering pitifully.

"Get away from my daughter I swear-" Sirius stepped forward, holding up a wand threateningly.

"Sirius, We need to be quick." Remus paced a few steps forwards Eloise, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"Are you okay, El?" Remus whispered, keeping an eye on Peter from the corner. He would be a fool if he didn't know what was happening to Eloise, He had seen it in her mother.

"Eloise gets away from them, Lupin is mad and Black is a murderer!" Hermione pleaded from the floor, trying to keep a brave face next to Harry.

"Sirius isn't a murderer, Hermione. Do you remember on the train when I had my incident?" Eloise kneeled in front of her friend.

"What incident? I wasn't informed of any incident. Remus what incident?" Sirius frowned, the tip of his wand at Peter's throat.

"Snuffles, not now." Remus ignored Sirius, nodding to Eloise.