chapter thirteen

chapter thirteen; the pit

Eloise woke in the hospital wing, The setting sun bright in her eyes. 

Eloise laid silently, staring up at the ceiling in utter shock as the previous events flowed through her mind. Her head pounded in her skull, making black dots invade her impaired vision. 

Slowly, Eloise lifted her hand to her head, frustrated from the pain. Letting her arm fall back onto the cot she was laying upon, she heard two pairs of footsteps and a cane echoing loudly. 

"Good morning, Eloise."

Eloise's body started to tremble, her eyes staying trained on the ceiling of the hospital wing. She refused to look at him. 

"Sit her up," Moody ordered, Eloise shut her eyes tightly, feeling gentle hands lean Eloise back onto a pillow.

"How do you feel?" Moody queried his eyebrow, looking down at a piece of parchment that she assumed was a list of injuries he inflicted.

Looking over at the healer, Madam Pomfrey, Eloise noticed her unfocused eyes as staring blankly at the curtain. She looked at the man in front of her, the tears stinging the cuts on her cheeks. She opened her mouth to scream, to get anyone to save her, once she opened her mouth no words or sound escaped.

"Beautiful work, Poppy." Moody took a seat next to Eloise, handing a mirror to the girl. Taking the mirror from the man with a trembling hand, it fumbled out of her grasp falling to her lap. Groaning, Moody held the mirror up to Eloise, letting her look at her reflection. Ignoring how beat in her face was, her eyes landed on the neat scar at the base of her neck. Clutching it with her hand, she tried to scream, no sound coming once again.

"That's to keep your mouth shut." Moody snapped as he leaned back, seemingly impressed with Pomfrey's work. Eloise clutched her throat tighter as her breathing quickened.

Eloise sat stunned, How was this happening? How was this possible?

"Is everyone in bed, Poppy?" Moody asked the healer, watching her nod expressionless. Her eyes glazed, holding no emotion. 

"Good, It's time for you to meet your roommate." Moody gripped Eloise's arm while yanking her out of the hospital wing.

Eloise opened her mouth to scream, thrashing around to get away from the man.

"Merlin, You're a quick little thing aren't you?" Moody grunted, grabbing her once she wiggled out of his grasp for a split second.

"Not so fast, Ms. Black." He whispered harshly, dragging Eloise by her hair. She clawed at the stone flooring, her fingers bloody and raw.

Dragging Eloise into his office he quickly immobilized her before opening the chest.

"What have you done!" The man yelled from the bottom, startled to see a limp girl levitating down deeper into the hole. About 3 meters from the ground, Moody let the girl fall to the ground.

Eloise laid lifeless on the ground, watching as Moody closed the chest up ahead.

"Are you alright?" The man whispered from the corner, making Eloise back away to the concrete wall.

"It's alright, I won't hurt you." The man realized he looked just like the man up above.

"He kidnapped me, I'm the real Mad-Eye." He explained, trying to keep her calm.

Eloise's eyes focused on the dark lighting, and she finally saw the real Mad-eye. His clothes were dirty and ripped, and she noticed he was missing his eye and his leg.