chapter twenty

chapter twenty; Dumbledore's secrets 

George sat uncomfortably next to Fred in the Hospital Wing, his leg bouncing as Fred laid his head on the bed where Angelina slept. Much had happened since the third task was concluded, including the fact that Mad-eye was a fraud and had the school nurse under the imperious curse. 

Poppy Promfrey came to the day after the third task, Mad-eye let slip that he has been using her for the last several months to assist in the assasanation of Harry Potter. When Harry was questioned about his time in Mad-eyes office after the third task, he shut down completely not wanting to relive that night. Though his reaction wasn't completely out of the ordinary after such a traumatizing night, Harry was hiding something, something that he wouldn't budge on. 

"There's more that He's not telling us about Mad-eye," Fred spoke up, talking about their headmaster and Harry Potter. George agreed silently, to be honest, he had no energy to pry any longer about the situation that occurred at Hogwarts this year. 

"Something happened that night in Mad-eyes office, I can see it on Harry's face." George rubbed his hand across his face, he was completely and utterly drained. 

"I think we aged 50 years this term, I've never been this stressed out." Fred leaned back to look at his twin, they both had matching bags under their hazel eyes. 

"You're telling me." George tried to smile, even chuckling a bit at his brother, but even this small conversation was too much for him to continue.  

"I'm going to go pack before the service." George stood, patting Fred on the shoulder and squeezing Ang's hand for support. 

"You need to say her name George, It'll help." Fred looked at his twin with sadness, he didn't understand the amount of pain he was enduring. 

"I think I'll stick to ignoring it completely." George nodded to Fred, walking out of the Hospital Wing. 

"He's not ready Freddie, No one has given him any time to grieve," Angelina spoke up, her eyes still closed as she spoke. 

"I just want to take everything away, all his pain." Fred looked at the doors where his brother walked through mere seconds ago. 

"I don't know what I would have done if I lost you Ang, First my best friend and then you?" Fred signed his eyes welled up with tears, he seemed to be doing that a lot lately, just cry. 

"You didn't lose me, and you won't. We just need to be there for George. Whatever he needs." Angelina opened her brown eyes, she looked so beautiful even after fighting for her life and facing Voldemort with Harry. 

"You're right, Hey, I'll see you at the service okay?" Fred stood, smiling down at Angelina. 

"Wheel me in?" Angelina smiled, pulling Fred down to kiss his cheek. 

"Of course." 

_____

George took the long way back to the dormitory. Stopping at his favorite spots he would take Eloise. He stopped by the classrooms where they would sneak kisses in between classes, where she would squeal in surprise before their lips met. What he would do to get those moments back, he will never love the way he loved his Eloise. 

George was furious with himself for taking those moments away from her, not being by her side. He had taken their time together for granted, he didn't know they had such little time. 

George wiped his eyes as he buttoned his white dress shirt, tucking them into his black slacks. with a simple spell he changed his Gryffindor tie into a black one, he thought that would be more appropriate for Eloise's service. 

George bit the inside of his cheek as he fastened the tie around his neck. Vividly remembering Eloise pulling him close to her by the tail of the gold and crimson cloth. 

"Fuck!" George couldn't get the knot right, he always relied on Eloise to fix where he fell short. 

"Let me?" 

George turned to see Kenneth, already dressed and ready standing by the door. 

George sighed, nodding at his mate. 

Kenneth undid the knot and silently secured it correctly. 

"You know, She was always better at tying these than I was." Kenneth smiled 

"She was better at everything, kind of her thing to be the best and not even know it." George looked to the wall, avoiding eye contact, it was too personal. 

"Dear Eloise, What has happened to us." Kenneth patted George's shoulder once he was done.

"Thank you," George mumbled tearfully, he smiled at his friend as he pushed his hair out of his face. 

"I'm always going to be here for you, Georgie." 

Georgie 

"We should get going yeah?" George wiped his eyes once more before looking to the door. 

"Right behind you, Mate." 

He wasn't ready for this, he never would be.