chapter nineteen

chapter nineteen; the task 

Hogwarts seemed to be buzzing as the audience made their way down to the Quidditch field for the third task. 

The champions stood alongside their mentors as they gazed at the forest before them. 

"Not what I had in mind." Angelina nudged Harry, his stone face looking to the thorny bushes that invaded his beloved pitch. 

"Me either," Harry muttered, ripping his gaze to peer up to Mad-Eye Moody. 

"You've got this, Potter. Don't be a Hero, get in and win." He grunted, placing a heavy palm on his shoulder. 

Harry nodded, turning to see the stands fill with his peers. 

He smiled at the Weasley family, who generously came in what would be his parents place. He was proud to call the Weasleys his family, even if he wished his Mum and Dad could see how far he's come since his first year at Hogwarts. 

He looked to Bill and Charlie who happen to sandwich the twins snuggly in the stands. Fred gave Harry a smile, waving down to Harry to show his encouragement. 

George stood next to Fred, the dark bags under his bloodshot eyes could be seen by a mile away. 

This was his first appearance since Eloise, he knew he had to show his support to both Harry and Angelina. So he got a grip on himself and rolled out of bed. 

"I'm glad you came Georgie, I know Harry and Ang were counting on you." Fred wrapped an arm around George's shoulder. 

"I had to come, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I bailed. Don't worry, I did think about it." George smiled softly, tucking his nose under his scarf for warmth. 

Fred gave Angelina a cheeky wink, making her blush from down below. 

"For Eloise." She mouthed, blowing him a kiss.

The cannons blew, and with one final smile, The champions entered the maze. 

"What do you suppose is in there?" Bill questioned, looking to Charlie. 

"Doesn't look good." Charlie put in arm around his twin brothers, doing his best to trap the heat. 

_____

"Red sparks, I saw them!" Hermione spoke from under the Weasley's, She nudged Ron trying to show him the evidence. 

"'Mione are you sure? I don't see anything it's so foggy." Ron shrugged, looking up to the sky with a frown. 

"I swear I saw something," Hermione muttered, her eyes grazed over Mad-Eye, a sickly feeling settling over her. 

"Somethings wrong." 

"What do you mean-" 

"Harry!" 

Harry fell to his knees, jagged sobs stopping the band abruptly. 

"He's Back! Dumbledore he's back!" Harry screamed clutching a body tightly. 

"Ang," Fred whispered, slipping from the grip of his family. 

"Fred, wait!" George grabbed his coat, following blindly behind him.

"She's alive, just barely. We need to get her out of here." Dumbledore muttered as Mad-eye dragged Harry away to look at Angelina. 

"Harry!" George yelled over the crowd as Harry was thrashing in Mad-Eyes's arms, but looking down at Angelina in Fred's lap, he stayed in place.

 Fred needed George here, just like he was there when Eloise passed.

"She'll be alright Freddie, She's still here." George took Angelina's hand, squeezing it tightly. 

"We'll be okay, Angelina will be okay." 

"George, He's back." Fred sobbed looking down at Angelina's fragile state. 

"I know, We'll get through it." 

"Merlin, I hope you're right."