[17]

You quietly walked the near desolate streets in the center of the city. Not too far away was the larger conflict that was closer to the edge of the city. Once you made sure the coast was clear, you motioned the rest of the group to follow you.

The group you were leading consisted of Rex, Cody, Fives, Jesse, and Kix. Honestly, it was a pretty good squad, and you were confident in the plan Cody laid out for everyone.

"It's just around this corner. If your estimate is correct then he'll be three floors up in the main office." You said and Kix looked at you, "The main office isn't on the top floor?" You shook your head. "No, I believe it's just a security precaution in case the top floor was attacked. Only the locals know about it. But when my father was serving in the army for our planet when I was little, he told me about the passage that only a select few knew about." You said and Jesse tilted his head, "Your father told you this? It seems pretty irresponsible to do that." He said and you shrugged, "Like I said, I was pretty little so he probably assumed I would forget as I grew older." You said just before rounding another corner.

"Jesse, start jamming their surveillance cameras." Rex said before everyone entered the secret passage. Jesse pulled out a holopad and typed a few things before giving the clear.

As you were walking ahead of the group, you could hear Cody and Rex talking to one another. "You think Ventress will appear again?" Cody asked. "I'm not sure, but if she does, we're capable enough to fend her off until the Jedi arrive."  He reassured Cody.

You thought about Ventress, and it was as if she was so full of hate. But there was something else. Sadness

You opened the door of the passageway that entered into the capitol building. After watching two droids walk by, you and the group walked out of the hidden hallway and continued to the office where you presumed the Vice Roy would be hiding.

"The stairs are just over to the left here-" You began but all of you stopped at the sound of boots hitting the ground in front of your group.

"You think you're sneaky."

It was Ventress.

"Enough to get this far." You said pulling out your beskar spear from behind your back. "You won't go any further." She snarled and you smiled, "Maybe not me, but they will." You said as the rest of the group had already taken off.

She immediately began to attack you and you blocked her strikes. Each hit from her lightsabers made the beskar spear chime loudly. You pushed her off as she had pressed both of her lightsabers up against your spear.

"You don't have to do this. You don't need to put my home in ruins. We've done nothing to either side to create conflict." You stated and she scoffed, "Your planet's very existence is the conflict." She said before taking another few strikes at you.

You were able to avoid one of her swings and hit her hand with the sharp end of the spear, cutting the back of her hand. She screamed and the lightsaber flew off somewhere in the distance. 

"You're more skilled than I thought," She began as she stood up straight. Your spear was still pointed at her, and she let her hand fall to her side, letting the blood run down her fingers and pool on the floor below. "But not enough to save yourself." She said as she took another swing at you.

You blocked the majority of her harsh swings, now you were having to keep a tighter grip on your spear so she wouldn't knock it out of your hands.

As the two of you were dueling, she managed to barely cut the skin of your left arm horizontally. You cried out in pain, the searing heat made your arm immediately go numb. She had to have cut some nerves, but it wasn't enough to take out your whole arm. As much as it pained you to continue using your left arm, you continued anyway.

Hit after hit, both of you bashing weapons, it felt as if the battle were going nowhere. You both were being cautious to not underestimate one another. 

"It's a shame you couldn't save those people in your village. What would they think of you if they knew you were the reason I set those bombs off?" She suddenly spouted and your eyes widened. Your beskar spear and her lightsaber were clashing, but she was beginning to overpower you with such hurtful words.

"That's not-" You began but she hit your spear out of your hands and she pushed you back. You fell onto your back and used your elbows to prop yourself up. You weren't fully grasping the idea that now you were going to die, instead, your mind was so focused on the fact that it was your fault the bombs went off. 

Ventress walked up to you and pointed her red lightsaber right at your face. "But at least you'll be able to see them again, and tell them it was your fault." She smirked as your wide eyes were met with the end of her blade. Tears welled in your eyes as she cocked her head, a smile playing on her lips.

She raised her lightsaber, the malicious look on her face scarring into your memory.

But the shot of a blaster rang out. Ventress grabbed her waist and hollered in pain. She quickly took off after more blaster fire was directed at her.

You felt hands at your sides, "Y/N." It was Rex. You looked at him wide-eyed, your expression unchanging from when Ventress had her lightsaber pointed at you.

"Kix we need you now." Rex ordered and Kix ran over, "Right, sir." He said as he knelt at your side. You didn't understand anything either of them was saying, everything sounded fuzzy as you stared off into the distance.

It was your fault?

"Y/N. Listen to me. Y/N!" Rex tried to talk to you, but you were unresponsive even though you were conscious. "Sir I'm going to need you to step back, she's in severe shock." Kix explained. Cody had to physically remove Rex from where you were sitting because Rex didn't have the heart to move away from you. The condition you were in was breaking his heart. What had Ventress done to you?

Whatever she had done, he really wanted to kill Ventress.