[7]

Thankfully, some of the girls donated clothing to you that did in fact fit you. You thanked every one of them personally and hugged them all. As for sharing a tent with Rex, it was a bit odd.

You had to admit, you'd grown a small crush on the man. Yeah maybe it was too soon to tell, but you couldn't help yourself.

As for Harper? Well, she had to report into bed early, and could only leave her tent after you left yours. Not to mention your tent was the furthest from hers.

"I couldn't believe she'd hit you that hard across the face." Rex said and you chuckled. You were settling into your cot on the other side of the tent. "I mean, any harder and she would have broken my cheekbone." You grinned as you lied down. You faced away from Rex and heard his armor fall onto the ground. Your cheeks were flushed at the sort of indecent idea of him. Thank the maker it was dark.

"You better not snore." Rex commented and you laughed. "I bet if anyone were to snore, it'd be you. Plus I don't snore." You said, you rolled over, but it was pitch black in the tent.

"Well, I've never been told I snore. But Five's sure does. Wish the Kaminoens would have taken that out of his genetic code." Rex said and you chuckled. "Well, they must have gotten your genetic code all perfect then." You said and you heard Rex laugh/scoff. "Pretty much, yeah!" He exclaimed and you laughed. You swore you saw a slight blush cover his cheeks

"For training tomorrow, I won't be training with Harper, will I?" You asked as you stared off into the darkness, in the direction that Rex was. "No, you won't be. I've moved her down a tier. She didn't have enough skill, like you." He said and you smiled slightly. "Will you still be training me?" You asked as you fiddled with a string on one of the blankets covering you. "Of course." He replied.

And that night, you were able to rest easy for once.

*   *   *

At training the next day, Rex was teaching you how to use a blaster. You'd never even seen a blaster in person let alone hold one. "Now hold it like this." He said as he demonstrated with another blaster. You did as you were told, but you felt awkward holding it the way you were. "Well- Eh-" He was trying to explain, but he changed his mind mid-sentence and walked over to you.

He gently took your hands and adjusted them, it felt much better holding the blaster now. But now your face was bright pink. "Thanks." You mumbled.

"No problem." Rex said after clearing his throat. He then explained how to turn the safety off. You were not aiming at the wooden dummy, the same one of which you kicked it's head off. In its place, was a stick and a paper plate. Rex had drawn a smiley face on the plate, which you were still grinning about.

You aimed down the sights of the blaster and shot once. Your eyes flinched shut and you opened them again to see you hadn't even hit the dummy. "Try shooting it with your eyes open," Rex remarked and you rolled your eyes. "Yeah. Planned on it." You shot back. You took a deep breath, raised your arms, and shot again, this time shooting the dummy in the chest. "Well done," Rex said and you grinned.

Suddenly a headache began to come on. You dropped the blaster and pressed a hand onto your head. Rex turned your way wondering what the matter was. Your headache was getting worse by the second and it wasn't long before your vision went dark.

You entered a dark abyss. Trees began to grow around you, and moonlight began to shine down. Fog was low on the ground and covered every inch that you could see. Blaster fire began to erupt. Blues and reds filling the air. You hid behind a tree, hoping it'd protect you from the blaster fire. You looked up at the moons. They were full moons.

You saw Rex in the distance. "Have you seen Fives? Or Jesse? I lost them." He asked and you shook your head. "Just to think you were practicing on how to hold a blaster and switch the safety off not that long ago." He huffed. He switched on his com-link. The only thing he heard was static, regardless, he shouted in it. "Fives?! Jesse?! Report in! We are evacuating the campsite!" He screamed, but nothing was heard.

"I need you to get everyone to safety, I'm going to look for them." He said but you shook your head, "No Rex, I'll come with you. Manny can get everyone to safety." You said but Rex stepped back. "Go! Now!" He ordered, it scared you the way he yelled. You ran off, back to the campsite. Blaster fire erupted behind you, and you heard Rex scream.

You stopped in your tracks. Everything was black again. But you saw Rex lying motionless on the ground. "Rex?" You asked as you jogged over to him. "Rex!" You called again, but no answer just like before. You knelt beside him and gently picked up his upper half and laid it on your lap. Several blaster wounds were scorched through his chest plate. "Rex!" You screamed, tears flooding your vision. You took off his helmet. His eyes were open, but they were lifeless.

Rex was dead.

Rex watched as you fell to the ground. "Y/N!" He screamed as he ran over to your limp body. He noticed as your eyes were completely black. The work of the devil? The work of a Sith maybe?

He gently scooped you up. "Jesse!" He screamed to which Jesse immediately ran over. "What is it sir- what happened?" Jesse immediately asked, seeing your limp body in Rex's arms. "I'm not sure, her head began to hurt and she collapsed." He told Jesse. "Get her to the medical tent. She may have a brain bleed. I'll do a scan on her there." He said and Rex nodded, wasting no time getting you to the medical area.

Rex gently set you down and Jesse got right to work. Beads of sweat began to form on your head and your chest was heaving. "Rex I'm going to need you to step out. I can't have distractions while I'm working." Jesse said, not in a rude way, more rushed than anything. "But Jesse-" Rex began, he didn't want to leave your side. "Rex please, now is not the time to argue." Jesse said. Rex bit his tongue, knowing his brother was right.

Rex left the medical tent. And after a few moments of anxious waiting, he began to hear you scream his name.

"Rex! Rex!" He heard you scream. He immediately ran into the tent once more to see you sweating more, "What's going on?" He asked worriedly, now his helmet was off. "Sir- I don't know. She's showing high levels of brain activity, but from there I can't pinpoint the cause." He said, and just as he'd finished his sentence, a large gasp from you was heard. Your eyes were wide open, and normal. "Y/N," Rex said as he rushed to your side.

He placed his gloved hand on your sweating head. You were panting rapidly. "You're alright. You're okay." He said, calming you down. His gloved hand felt nice against your head, it was cool, and his presence was calming. "What was that?" He asked and you gulped, you couldn't speak really, your throat was so dried up.

Rex then noticed how tears had streamed down the corner of your eyes and just below your temples. With his other hand- after setting down his helmet, he wiped away your tears. Jesse was long gone by now, getting some other results from some blood draws and other scans. The medical droid brought you a glass of water which you gratefully accepted and drank the whole thing.

"I-" You began after handing the now empty glass to the droid. "It was a vision." You said and you looked at Rex, his face was contorted with worry. "I believe what you're saying but, the Jedi have lots of visions, nothing like yours." He said and you shook your head. "I don't know why they come about. Like a warning for the future." You tried to explain. Rex was now holding tightly onto your weakened hand. "I don't know how to control it. Sometimes I can make it go away, but sometimes they just come on so sudden and so strong-" You said as your bottom lip started to quiver.

"My vision." You started, "It was about you. And the droids, they found us." You said. Rex looked at you confused, "These visions, do they come true ever?" He asked and you nodded. "They always happen, but I can recognize the part I've seen before, and change it before it can happen." You explained. "What happened in your vision?" He asked and you looked him dead in the eyes.

"I can't tell you, for fear it will come true."