[9]

You couldn't sleep for the rest of the night. Instead, you sat in Delilah's tent and just kept an eye on her. Your heart would always race fearfully at the thought of losing your little sister. You climbed out of the tent early in the morning, you looked around to see it fairly quiet, other than hearing some steps in the medical tent. You walked in to see Fives first, he was pressing his finger against a holo pad.

"How's Jesse?" You whispered as Fives looked up at you. "He's going to make a quick and full recovery. He's awake if you'd like to see him." Fives informed you. You smiled and thanked him, then moved to the curtained off room that Jesse was in.

"How are you?" You asked as you smiled at him and he lightly grinned. "I'm all and well thanks to you and the Captain." He said and you sat in a nearby chair. "How long do you think you'll need time to recover?" You asked and Jesse's eyebrows raised. "Why? Is something going on?" He asked sitting up, alarmed. You shook your head. "No no no, I was just wondering." You said and he rested back into the pillow. "Oh, well it may just be a week at most." He said and you smiled. "You look like you haven't gotten much sleep." Jesse noticed and you looked away from where he lay. "Oh- no I got enough rest." You said and Jesse tilted his head to the side.

"I've fought in this war for nearly a year now, I can tell when people don't get rest. That's not just secluding my men, those who I fight for, like the twi-leks on Ryloth, I know. Or even the Wookies on Kashyyk, I can tell." He said and you looked up at him. "What's got you up?" He asked and you shrugged. "I'm afraid to lose the ones I love." You said, a lump in your throat forming.

"And that's why we fight, to protect those you love." Jesse said and you smiled. "But I don't want to lose you guys either." You admitted and turned your head away as the tears formed in your eyes. "Well, I better let you rest. You said as you stood and took in a deep breath. "Come 'round later! I enjoy the company. Maybe bring Delilah? She's pretty entertaining you know." Jesse said and you chuckled. "I absolutely agree." You remarked and you stepped out of the sectioned off room.

You walked out of the medical tent, you noticed Harper and Rex conversing once more. Normally it wouldn't be a problem, other than the fact she was quite literally leaning into him. You averted your gaze immediately as soon as Rex's eyes met yours as his helmet was set on a nearby log.

You turned the other way and walked to the tent Delilah was in. You saw her sitting on her cot, book in hand. "Hey Del." You said as you crouched next to her. "What book?" You asked and she showed you. It was a book about different species, from all over the galaxy. Obviously, it was meant for younger kids as it was mainly just pictures and short definitions of the pictures. "Wow! That one's cool." You pointed at one, native to Kamino. "I thought the same thing! They can fly in the air and swim in the sea." Delilah explained and you smiled. You loved how fascinated she was with animals.

"Did you wanna go to the river nearby?" You asked as you looked up at her. Delilah's eyes lit up. "Really?! Can we go find some shiny rocks?" She asked and you nodded with a wide smile. "Of course!" You said and she hopped up. "Okay! I'm gonna go tell my friends." She said as she ran off.

You stood up and followed her out of the tent. You watched her run off to a few of her friends who were sitting around under the shade of a large tree. "She knows a lot about Aiwhas." Rex said as he folded his arms and leaned up against the trunk of a tree. "She knows a lot for her age. Both good and bad, unfortunately." You said as you watched her from afar.

Then, the all familiar and painful headache returned. "Um- excuse me for a moment." You said as you stepped back inside the tent Delilah slept in. You sat on her cot as you held tightly onto your head, this time you didn't resist it, however.

You stood at the river, but you walked further down with Delilah just a little ways ahead. The river finally came to another lake. "Delilah, wait for me!" You called out, more just to keep an eye on her rather than being stuck behind. "Delilah?" You asked as you pushed the branch from a tree out of the way. You saw Delilah swimming in the water and smiled as she giggled and splashed around.

But only a moment after she was seemingly pulled under. "Delilah!" You screamed. You immediately ran right into the water and dived as soon as the sandy drop off approached. You saw Delilah struggling to escape whatever dark limb had hold of her. You swam as fast as you could, and thankfully you were catching up. Until she suddenly disappeared. Following her disappearance, a bright red light ignited from the depths and began getting closer to you. You then saw a woman, she was wielding what looked like glowing sword like things. She didn't look nice either.

She was darting herself at you, somehow she was moving so fast towards you without having to actually produce a swimming motion to move. You began practically flailing your arms, trying to swim upwards towards the surface to get a breath of air. But she was approaching too fast. You quickly darted out of the way for her to go right past you.

You noticed that she was gone after the blink of an eye. Who was that? You then were looking around to find Delilah floating above you. You swam up as she was sinking and you grabbed her. Once you reached the surface you inhaled deeply and made sure Delilah's head was above the water. You swam to the shore with her limp body.

You gently set her down onto the beach. "Delilah." You said as you checked her pulse. Nothing. You began performing CPR and thankfully she threw up whatever water had filled her lungs and stomach.

Your vision was gone as soon as it came, and you saw Delilah barely peeking through the tent. You let out an exhausted sigh. "I'm okay Del." You said, a small smile forcing its way to your lips. She entered and then ran over to hug you. You hugged her tightly. "Does this mean no river today?" She asked softly as she gently pulled away. "I'm sorry Delilah. Maybe another day." You whispered and she nodded, a little sad but with understanding. "Now go play, and let me know if you need anything." You smiled and she nodded and ran out of the tent.

You got up and left the tent as well, it must have been a while that you were in there as it looked as if in an hour the sun would set. Rex wasn't anywhere to be seen, and neither was Harper or Manny. But you did see Fives. "Hey. Fives." You said, grabbing his attention. "Where is everyone?" You questioned as you looked around. "The group took a scouting job. Rex is teaching them." He said as he continued packing medical supplies.

"Well, I might as well help since I don't have anything else to do."