[25]

"So General? What do you think?" Rex asked as you all sat in the living room of your apartment. "She's definitely force sensitive. But too old to begin training with the Jedi. Although, if you do say you're related to the Nightsisters by blood even though you're human, then maybe we should go to the source." He said as he placed his hand on his chin in thought.

"What you mean like go to Dathomir?" You asked, shocked that such an idea would be suggested. "Exactly." He said and you looked at Rex in disbelief but Rex only shrugged.

"Then we'll travel tomorrow. After Delilah gets on a transport home." You stated. Both Rex and Anakin nodded in agreement. "Although, do you have anything that they may have given you? Like a relic or maybe some sort of writing with a spell?" Anakin asked and you looked up and over to Delilah's room. You walked over to see her fast asleep on her bed with the holotablet still on and playing her favorite cartoon. You shut the blast door and walked back into the living room.

"Delilah has no idea that I'm not related to her by blood. But when my parents found me, my mom said I was swaddled up with a crystal, although she's not sure if it was on purpose or accident." You said and Anakin nodded as he listened, "May I see the crystal?" He asked and you pulled it out of your pocket. You had placed it there earlier as you figured it'd be brought up.

You had always kept it wrapped up in the hide of an animal and tied up with a string. You didn't obtain this crystal until your 16th birthday, your mom said it was a good luck charm but she warned never to touch it. You assumed that she was worried about what the crystal might do if it were held in the palms of a person's hand.

You opened it up and revealed the crystal as you then placed the hide that contained the crystal atop Anakin's hands. "Have you ever touched it before? Or has it ever brought you more strength in any case?" He asked and you shook your head. "I never have placed a finger on it. Sometimes I'd carry it for good luck if I had to travel somewhere far. But I don't think it's actually ever physically benefitted me." You explained and Anakin brought another hand to the crystal, his fingertips hovered above it. "Do you mind if I pick it up?" He asked.

You were a bit hesitant, although you assumed he knew what he was doing. You nodded and Anakin picked up the crystal. The crystal was a good chunk, bigger than the width of your index finger and the length of half of your index finger.

Nothing happened as Anakin picked it up, you quietly sighed in relief as you feared maybe it'd suddenly make him ill or something to a similar effect. He examined it carefully and then set it back down on the hide wrapping. "It seems as if it may have been chipped off of a larger crystal. I assume that larger crystal is equally polished as this piece is. If that's the case, then the Nightsisters definitely use the crystals for more than just decoration. Not to mention it was with you when you were found so it has some weight to its importance here. Although, I don't know enough about the Nightsisters to understand what methods they use in the force. Only that it's the dark side and they only serve themselves." He explained as he returned the crystal in its hide to you.

"The dark side?" You questioned and Anakin looked slightly troubled for a moment. "There's a light and dark side of the force. Us Jedi use the light side while the Sith that side with the Separatists use the dark side. Even though they use the dark side, to understand your ability we'll still have to travel to Dathomir, they may decide to help you since you're their blood." He informed you.

"I'll talk to Obi-Wan and see what he says. He should be returning tonight from Coruscant. I can't say for sure that I'll be taking you to Dathomir but I'm sure we can send a task force with you." He said as he stood up. You set the crystal that sat in its hide down on the table in front of you. "Thank you for your assistance, this really helps a lot." You said as you shook his hand. "No problem, plus it was nice to finally meet this girl who Rex was nonstop talking about." He said and you looked at Rex curiously as Anakin lightly punched his shoulder. Rex was sheepish as he scratched the back of his head and blushed.

After Anakin left you curled up next to Rex on the couch you'd previously been sitting on. "If I go to Dathomir, will you go with me?" You asked as you looked up at him. He smiled and nodded, "I wouldn't dare leave you by yourself. Plus you're too beautiful to say no too." He said and you smiled as you blushed. "Yeah yeah whatever." You said rolling your eyes and looking away as Rex laughed.

A moment of silence ensued for a moment before Rex spoke up again. "What about Delilah? Are you going to say anything?" He asked, mentioning your heritage. "I don't think so. She's really upset about being gone from my mom for too long, not to mention that my dad is..." You trailed off as your heart felt like it was breaking all over again, a lump in your throat began to form.

Rex gently wrapped both his arms around you, "I think you're right, it'll just be easier. I'm sure you'll tell her when she's older." He said as he placed a light kiss on your forehead. You nodded as you took a deep breath.

"I hope she'll understand one day."