[20]

"Hey here's the fuel. I wonder why it's in here and not by the ports." Jesse said as he flicked on a light that only dimly shined. "Maybe they have some back at the ports, they might just be storing them here for now." You shrugged as you grabbed a barrel of fuel. "Nah, I checked the containers and they were empty." Jesse said and you turned your head in confusion. 

"Maybe we should fuel up first and then go to command. This place is really giving me the creeps." You said and Rex looked at you as everyone left the storage room. "We should follow protocol and report to command." He said and Jesse raised an eyebrow. "Cm'on Rex, these guys are way past that protocol line bullshit, let's just do what the pipsqueak says, plus it'll save us some time instead of having some other clones come and fuel our ship for us." He said and you looked at Jesse, "What did you call-" You began and Rex chuckled, you whipped your head to look at him with an unamused look on your face.

"Alright fine then, we'll get to the ship and refuel it ourselves, but we're going to report to command, you understand?"

"This stuff stinks." You said and Jesse chuckled, "I forgot you were a farmer before this, you probably barely touched any technology your whole life!" He said as he knelt to close the lid to the pipe that led to the fuel tank. You balled your fist and hit him lightly on the top of his head. "I have to! Jerk." You mumbled. You turned to Rex who was checking his holopad. "Good enough, now to command." He said as he looked up at you.

"You two have fun, I'm gonna go nap." He said as he stepped back into the ship and off of the station. Rex looked at you, "Oh we will." He mumbled and you could practically hear the smirk on his face beneath his helmet. Your face turned red and you turned around and began to walk in the direction you guessed was the command center.

"Darling." Rex called out and you stopped in your tracks. "Yes, Rex?" You asked without turning around. "Command is this way." He said and you sighed, your shoulders loosening, "Right." You replied as you sheepishly turned around and followed him.

As the two of you were walking Rex subtly slipped his hand into your small one, this only made your face redder than before. 

You were both walking down the hall, and even further after you'd both reached the storage room full of fuel again.

"The lights are off further down, isn't that where the command center is?" You asked motioning towards the dark hallway ahead.

"It is, but maybe they're just having issues with their lights." He said trying to be optimistic. "Right." You sighed as you followed him. He turns on the light on his helmet to illuminate the hallway ahead.

As you both venture a little further into the darkness you notice something unusual. "Oh no." You say as you let go of Rex's hand. "What?" He asks as he follows you, speeding up as you'd quickened your pace.

You approach a wall that had three claw marks engraved on it. "That's definitely not good." You say and you look at Rex, "Light issues, right?" You ask with a raised eyebrow. Rex simply shrugged. You couldn't really tell what he may be thinking since his face was covered by his helmet. 

You both continued down the dark hallway up until the command center. When Rex opened the door it was nothing but darkness just like the hallway. 

"There's no one here-" Rex began before he held out his arm, stopping you in place. When you'd looked in the direction he had, you saw the body of a clone lying lifeless on the ground. More claw marks led up to it and his armor had been torn into.

Suddenly static in Rex's comms began to sound through. "Rex- bzzzt- Rex! There's a bzzzzzzt Hurry!" The comms then went out again and it was just silence.

"We need to get back to the ship." Rex said and you nodded even though he probably couldn't see you because of how dark it was and he wasn't about to go flashing his helmet light in your eyes. When you turned around you saw two beady eyes looking right at you. You gasped and Rex turned around, shining the light on a horrendous monster. It shrieked at the light before scurrying off into the darkness.

Its tail hit the control panel to the door, shutting it immediately and even breaking the panel. You and Rex ran to the door and he frantically tried to figure out the panel. "Rex I need a light!" You said and he handed you his blaster. "Just don't hit the windows if you have to shoot." He said as he worked on the panel. 

You held the small blaster out as you looked around. You then saw multiple pairs of beady eyes open up all around the room. As a pair of eyes got closer you shot at it, for a moment it lit up the room and you saw the ugly monster just before it screeched and fell lifelessly to the floor. 

The other creatures in the room roared and ran towards you before you were grabbed by the collar of your shirt and dragged backward. You shot a few in the process before Rex kicked the door control panel so it would seal.

"What the hell were those things?!" You asked as you panted, your heart was pounding harder than it ever had in your life. "They're native to moons, they live mainly in the darkness. But I don't know how they would have gotten on this station." Rex explained as he also panted.

"We have to get back to the ship and fast." He said and you nodded he held out his hand and you grabbed it before the two of you sprinted off to the ship that was docked on the other side of the station.

"Jesse? Fives? Anyone? Come in!" Rex yelled into his comm but there was no reply. The two of you then crashed right into something else. You groaned but opened your eyes to see Jesse and Fives. 

"Thank the maker." Jesse said as he looked at Fives. "Those things went and attacked the ship! We tried reaching out but the communications are being blocked here." Fives said as the four of you stood up. "You left the pilots and Delilah?!" Rex asked furiously.

"No sir, we ordered the pilots to continue their journey to Coruscant. Without us."