[18]

You sat in a tent that would serve as a home until your village was fully repaired. The tents were actually quite large which was nice, and they kept you warm and gave you and your family plenty of space. The Republic had supplied the tents on top of food and water.

You sat on the ground with a blanket wrapped around you, a cup of hot chocolate was in your hands.

The flap to the tent lifted and you saw your mother. You quickly wiped your tears away before staring blankly at your warm drink. "Are you ready to eat dinner?" She asked softly and you shook your head, "Not hungry, thanks." You murmured.

"Y/N, you need to eat something. It's been a whole two days." She said as she crouched in front of you. You couldn't even bear the thought of eating, it made you sick to your stomach. Your mother gently placed her hand on the side of your face and brought it up. She tucked loose strands of hair behind your ear. "I know you miss him." Your mother said with a sad smile. Tears welled in her eyes.

"But he wouldn't want this. He wouldn't want you to grieve like this." She said as tears rolled down her cheeks. You bit the inside of your cheek as your lip quivered, your own tears surfacing. "I can't help but think-" You began with a sharp inhale as your vision was blurred by your tears. "-that it was my fault." You said as you squeezed your eyes shut, you set your drink down to the side and brought both of your hands to your face.

Your mother hugged you tightly. "No. It is absolutely not your fault. You didn't cause any of this. You saved more than half of the village and more people in the city by finding Vice Roy." She said as she stroked your hair.

"But if I was faster-" You huffed out between sobs. Your mother lifted your face and used your blanket to wipe your tears. "There was nothing you could have done to stop it. No matter what it may seem. When I was there, I overheard those stupid scraps of metal say they planned on detonating the explosives anyway. If you wouldn't have come, everyone who stayed in the village would have died." She said and your eyes widened.

You wrapped your arms around her tightly.

Ventress had lied, only to make you doubt yourself.

"Now come eat dinner. Rex has been looking for you and he looks quite bored without you." Your mother smiled and a faint blush rose to your cheeks. You followed her out and soon found Delilah.

"Del?!" You asked surprised, you knew she'd be arriving with everyone else that was back in the valley but it seemed as if she arrived sooner than you expected. "Y/N!" She squealed excitedly. She ran over to you and hugged you tightly. You smiled as you hugged her, but it would be only mere moments before she found out about your father.

You walked with her to the tent where your mother was at. Your mother explained to you earlier how she wanted to solely tell Delilah about your father. "Mom!" She exclaimed excitedly as she went and hugged your mom just as tightly as she did to you. Your mom smiled sadly at you and you nodded, trying to give her any encouragement you could before leaving the tent.

You wandered out to see someone else too.

Harper, in handcuffs.

She looked malnourished and as if she hadn't gotten sleep in days. She looked at you with the utmost hatred in her eyes. Even after everything and she still resented you.

You felt a hand on your shoulder and you turned around to see Rex. You smiled up at him, his helmet was off and placed between his other arm and his side. You hugged him tightly and he hugged you back.

"You did it." He whispered before kissing the top of your head. You looked up and him and smiled, "Not without your help." You said and he tilted his head to the side and smiled.

"Let's go eat yeah? I'm starving." You said and he nodded as he wrapped an arm around you as the two of you walked over to a large table covered in food.

The night was filled with simple conversations, simple questions, simple answers. Even if this was the topic, there was a lot on your mind.

Like how terrible you felt for Delilah. Your mom had told you she'd fallen asleep crying after your mom had told her the news. Or what was next for you and Delilah.

"Y/N, if you have a moment I'd like to speak to you." Obi-Wan said as he approached you. You looked at your mom as if to ask permission to step away from cleaning up. She smiled and nodded and you set down the dirty pile of dishes you'd collected. You walked to a more secluded area that was still out in the open, but a distance from anyone else. "How may I help you, General Kenobi?" You asked politely and he folded his arms.

"I'd like to discuss your trip to Coruscant. I know it is a heavy moment in your life right now, but I know Jedi Master Yoda may really help you. He spoke with me about you coming to Coruscant, even though he only knew so little about you. I just wanted to remind you how important it may be that you take this opportunity. We also can assure you that financially you do not need to worry along with Delilah and your mother." He said and you breathed in sharply.

"I agree with you General Kenobi, I will absolutely be taking this chance to go to Coruscant. And I am relieved to know that my mother will be supported along with Delilah. I wasn't sure who to talk to about that if I'm honest." You said as you sheepishly scratched the back of your neck. Obi-Wan smiled as he held out his hand to shake yours. "We're happy that you'll be joining us, Y/N." He said as you outstretched your own hand and shook his.

"I'm glad to get the chance, General."