Lower Moon 5

After leaving headquarters I started heading towards Natagumo Mountain. My started to rumble so I ran towards the nearest village. Once I arrived I took in the scenery it was a beautiful little village. The streets were full of people walking about and people selling food, clothes and other items. I saw a takoyaki stand and I began walking over. The smell it gave off was great. I walked over and asked the man for some and payed him as I began to walk around the village. I found a tree that gave a great view of the village. I sat under it and began to eat. The takoyaki was amazing the flavours were very different and each one tasted better than the last. Soon after I finished I got up and started to walk back through the village. I placed my bowl in the bin and started to leave.

After a few more hours heading towards  Mount Natagumo I saw that the sun was setting. I put one hand on my sword just in case I needed it. An hour passed by and I saw no demons until I heard a rustling in the trees and then a branch snap. I turned to see two demons lunge at me. I jumped into the air my body in front of the moon. I looked down to see the two demons and took a breath in.

'Fourth form: shadow impact.'

I came crashing down on the demons and the force of my attack killed one of the demons while immobilising the other. I walked over and the demon looked at me.
"Please don't kill me!!"
"Why should I let you go?"
"I'll tell you anything." The demon started to sound desperate and hopeful. He thought I'd let him live even though he tried to attack me. I glared at him.
"Ok, what is Lower Moon 5's name and ability?"
"I-I can't talk about his power because he'll kill me but his name is Rui."
"Well that's unfortunate because I needed to know about his ability. Guess I'll have to kill you." I pulled my sword back and brought it down on the demon his head came clean off and I carried on moving towards Mount Natagumo. I travelled for the rest of the night and the day that followed. At Night, I reached Mount Natagumo and saw the three boys i saw earlier.
'So these kids are coming with me. This should be interesting.'
The Kid named Tanjiro noticed me and called me over. Once I reached them Inosuke began yelling about fighting me but I said that we are here on a mission so we need to focus on that.

We all walked towards the forest and noticed that the blonde haired wimp wasn't there. I looked back to see him cowering behind a tree.
"Kid why are you scared?" I asked trying to hold my laughters
"Because I hate dark places and forests and demons."
"Isn't that all the more reason to kill them then?" I asked sniggering at what I was seeing.
"No I'm not strong enough I don't know how to use lightning style properly."
"Kid if you don't come with us and fight how are you going to get experience using lightning style?" I asked genuinely curious as to why he's a slayer but this scared.
"I guess your right." The kid began to walk towards us and we started to walk in.

Soon after walking in we find a group of demon slayers all walking towards us. At first they seemed normal but the way they walked seemed odd. They carried themselves like they were puppets.

"Somethings wrong with them." I muttered to the boys.
"What do you mean?" Tanjiro asked.
"Look at the way they're walking. It's like they're puppets." I replied.
Tanjiro nodded and we moved towards them. Suddenly one swung at us I jumped up whilst Tanjiro jumped back. I saw a string that was very thin attached to them. As I fell I swung at it and the demon slayer dropped to the ground.
"Guys they have a small string on the backs of their bodies cut it and they won't be able to bother us." I called out.
I looked back to where the demon slayers that are being controlled are until I notice that the one I thought I took out got back up.
"Oi Tanjiro they keep getting back up you got any ideas."
"There's this bad smell carried by the small white spiders on the ground so we need to beat whoever's controlling them."
"Right." I replied not really listening.
Tanjiro then turned to Inosuke and told him that if he has a way to find the person controlling the spiders and other demon slayers then he should do that now. Right as I was about to kill another spider. A young kid who had white skin and  strange marks on his face stood in front of the moon, on that string.
"Don't disturb my family's peaceful life." His voice had a sense of authority and he seemed confident.
"Are you Lower Moon Five, Rui by any chance?" I asked trying to get the boys attention.
"And what if I say I am? What will you do?" Rui spoke with a venom to his voice.
"Well I've been sent to kill you so right now I want to fight you." I shouted at him a deep hatred lacing my voice as I knew this guy works closely with Muzan. I told the others to go and deal with whatever else was in the forest that Rui calls his family. I jumped up the trees and faced Rui.
'Sixth form: silence'
I immediately passed Rui and his head came off but when I turned his head was going back to his body.
"Well I can't use that truck again." Rui laughed I ran at him again.
'Fourth form: shadow impact'
Rui jumped back and started to send his strings at me. I jumped to a tree to my left and then moved forward once I stopped moving I looked behind to see that the trees that I was on had been cut in half.
"Do you have the time to look away?" Rui spoke.
I looked at him and caught a glimpse of a string flying at me. I jumped onto the ground and ran at Rui. His attacks were coming from my left and right. I jumped back and ran to a tree where tried to process what his abilities were and try to get some sort of plan together. Before I could think Rui sent an attack that brushed my left arm. The attack even though it brushed me still cut my uniform. I leapt to the top of a tree a jumped to Rui.
'Eight form: silent strike'
I disappeared from sight and cut Rui's arm off.
'Dammit why'd I have to miss now.' I was frustrated that I missed but I turned.
'Seventh form: black strikes'
This time my attack hit where I wanted. I stabbed his chest multiple times but he just kept regenerating constantly. I needed a clean shot at his neck. I leapt back but Rui guessed I'd do this and sent an attack straight at me. My feet just touched the ground and I had to dodge. I moved to the right but the attack caught my leg and cut it. I needed to get my breathing under control and stop the bleeding on my leg or else I'll lose this fight. I took a breath in and I started I get control of my breathing and the bleeding started to stop. I heard footsteps I looked to my left and saw Tanjiro.
"Go help Inosuke or Zenitsu. I'll be fine." I tried to reassure the kid but I knew this wasn't looking good I had to finish it soon or else everyone here will die.
"No, I'll help you, the others can handle themselves." I smirked this kids crazy but I appreciate the help.
"Alright fine. Be careful for his attacks you won't be able to see them until the last couple of seconds." I replied.
"Right."
A few seconds later Tanjiro rushed forward. I used this opportunity to use my fifth form. Tanjiro cut him and I slashed his chest but it wasn't working he was still regenerating and it seemed as if he had a lot of stamina.
"Kid, I want you to use your 10th form. I have an idea."
"Ok." The kid was curious as to what I was thinking.
I began to smirk at this opportunity. Once Tanjiro started to move I followed behind preparing for Rui to either attack or dodge. He jumped to the right.
'Sixth form: silence.'
In a split second I cut Rui's neck but he knew what I was planning and he reattached his head.
'Shit this isn't good I'm getting tired and the kids his target.'
Midair I turned and I put my feet on a tree.
'Please work.'
'Eighth form: silent strike'
I leapt off of the tree and flew at Rui and within a second Rui's head would come clean off. I connected with him and my attack hit his neck but he put string behind him stopping my arms cutting his head and cutting further into my legs.
'Oh shit.'
I hit the ground my legs felt numb. I tried to keep my breathing under control but the pain was too much. I saw the kid fighting Rui, I felt bad leaving up to him. But then that same feeling the same one from that night hit me. The feeling of guilt being useless in saving anyone. I couldn't let it repeat these kids lives are in my hands I have to get back on my feet. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath in. I stopped my legs bleeding and I grabbed my sword. I jumped into the air.
'Fifth form: shadow assassination'
I came flying down Rui was fixated on Tanjiro preforming his Hinokami Kagura breathing. I dived towards Rui my sword pulled back. I swung and cut from the top of his head all the way down. I hit the ground and Tanjiro cut his head off. We did it I called my crow over and told him to report to Master Ubuyashiki and tell him that we killed Lower Moon 5 but we need medical attention and maybe someone to kill the last few demons in the area. My crow flew off and I turned to see Tanjiro.
"Nice one kid we did it. How are you feeling?" I walked over to him and picked him up.
"Man I'm tire- how are the others?"
"Kid don't worry I sent a request for us to get picked up and taken care of while we recover." I smiled not realising the left side of my mask is missing.
"Where's the left part of your mask?" Tanjiro looked at me curious.
"Oh shit erm I don't know. Let me look around."
I set Tanjiro down and walked about. My legs have out but when I fell I saw my mask. I tried to reach it but couldn't. I kept stretching until a girl with purple eyes and a butterfly hairpin passed it to me. I placed the other half on my face and tied both pieces to my face using what was left of the band at the back.
"Thanks, Miss errrm, what's your name?"
"Kocho Shinobu." She replied.
I got to my feet and winced when I put pressure on my legs.
"You should rest you look like you've lost a lot of blood."
"Nah I'll be fine I've got to check on the three that came in with me."
I immediately regretted taking a step. I hit the ground hard. Shinobu started to snicker which didn't help. I pulled myself back up.
"Thanks for the help shortstack." I retorted.
That's when I felt a fist in my ribs. I hit the ground again. Then Shinobu stood over me and glared at me.
"We're going to have fun whilst your recovering." The vein in her head becoming visible.
"You know glaring like that really ruins your pretty face." I can't think straight at this point my body's taken that much damage and my minds hurting because I usually don't have to think things through this much when fighting. I pulled my self to my feet and staggered towards Tanjiro that when I saw a man with a mismatched haori and long hair talking to Tanjiro. I walked up to Tanjiro and looked at the man.
"Who're you?" I asked.
"Giyu Tomioka, and you are?"
"Y/N, also Tanjiro why didn't you tell me your travelling with a demon."
"I didn't tell you because I don't want you to kill my sister."
I hit Tanjiro on the head.
"If the demons your sister I won't kill her because I sense there's a reason why your protecting her and Giyu hasn't killed her yet but I also have a feeling that Shinobu is going to try and kill her if she finds out."
"If I find out what?"
A chill went down my spine I turned round to see Shinobu.
"If you find out that... Giyu has a fear of giraffes."
'Please fall for it, please.'
It didn't help that Giyu looked like he was about to kill me and of course she didn't fall for it.
"You know I'm not stupid, I know you're lying."
"And I know your the size of a leprechaun."
As soon as I said that the wind just stopped I looked at Giyu and he looked scared. I didn't want to turn around but I knew if I didn't I'll probably get stabbed. Shinobu didn't say anything she just kicked my ankles and I fell to the floor and she dragged me off.

"Giyu, Tanjiro help the scary, short lady's kidnapping me!!! Please HELLLPP!"
That's was the last time I saw Tanjiro and Giyu that night I was taken to a secluded area and stabbed by Shinobu a few times.
All they could hear were my screams as shortest demon slayer made sure that I'll be recovering for a lot longer.

————————————————————
2000+ words I should stop but who needs sleep. For the next chapter I think we will be at the Hashira meeting. Let me know if you want that changing but I think it's going to be more fun to write.