The Calm before the Storm

Thank you for the support on this book. I'm going to write two endings to this book, one good and one bad. It may take some time to finish them both but I'll try to get them out as soon as possible. Anyways here's the next chapter.
————————————————————
Y/N POV:
My eyes slowly opened as the sun beamed on my face. I rubbed my face as I sat up, I blinked a couple times before stretching. I looked to my right and saw Shinobu sleeping peacefully. I placed a small kiss on her head before getting out of bed and heading into the bathroom.

I began to undress and turned the shower on. I stepped in and the water was cold and refreshing. After I showered I stepped out and wrapped a towel around my waist, I walked out of the bathroom and saw that Shinobu was waking up. I quickly put on the bottom half of my uniform and checked on Shinobu.

Y/N: "Morning Shinobu."

She rubbed her eyes before sitting herself up. Her hair was slightly messy but it ran down her back, mostly straight.

Shinobu: "Good Morning Y/N."

She stood up and began to walk towards me. She stuck her arms out and buried herself into my chest. I wrapped my arms around her and I placed my chin on her head.

Y/N: "What's up? You're never like this."
Shinobu: "I'm tired, my work keeps piling up."
Y/N: "Well my days clear today. Let me help you out."
Shinobu: "Thank you. I'd appreciate your help."

We stayed in our embrace for another minute or two before Shinobu began to wash herself. I picked up my mask and placed it on my face before grabbing my sword and tying it to my waist before leaving the room and waiting for Shinobu.
Soon the door slid open and Shinobu walked out and turned to me.

Shinobu: "Ready Y/N?"
Y/N: "What are we doing today?"
Shinobu: "Well I'm going into town to buy some books and equipment for my research and then I'm going to be tending to patients."
Y/N: "Well let's get going."

We walked down the corridors and made our way outside, a soft breeze brushed against me as we walked out of the estate. The gravel crunches underfoot and we began to walk towards the small neighbouring town.

As we arrived the sounds of laughter filled the air, children rushing around whilst giggling. I took Shinobu's hand as we began to walk around the town looking for a bookstore. The streets were busy with merchants selling trinkets and clothes to people, bars were full of drunks who looked like they were about to pass out. We carried on walking and soon the bookstore came into sight.

We walked to the door and I pushed it open, Shinobu walked in and I followed behind her. The wooden floorboards creaked underfoot, there were isles of books ranging from pharmaceuticals to cooking and children's stories. Shinobu began to look through the pharmaceutical isle and soon found a book about the effects of rarer medicines and their recipes. The book seemed quite old as the the cover was slightly torn and dusty. We moved down the isle and Shinobu picked up two books on different plants and the other was about different combinations. I could see she was slightly struggling while holding the books so I placed my hand underneath the books and lifted them out of her hands. She turned to me and pouted.

Y/N: "You seemed like you were struggling. I said I'm here to help out."

She sighed and began to walk further down the isle, I followed and placed more books onto the pile i was carrying.

When we walked over to the counter I placed down the books and took out my wallet. The cashier said the books totalled to about 10,000 yen, before I pulled out any money I felt a hand on my arm. I looked to my left and saw Shinobu rummaging around for her purse.