11 ✧

THE TALES OF AJAX AND THE DESCENDANT OF SELENE

CHAPTER 2/4

Many weeks have passed since Ajax and the girl entered the abyss.

Their mentor turned out to be a swordswoman, who had no intention of telling the teenagers her origins. Nevertheless, she was incredibly powerful in combat, and taught them many forms of martial arts, and how to successfully pinpoint their opponents weaknesses. Everyday she would push their limits, or even sometimes going beyond.

In the beginning, it was constant physical training and Ajax would find himself vomiting due to the harsh conditions. Yet, as time progressed, he and
(y/n) would find themselves enduring it. They had both gotten quite inseparable, learning to depend on one another because they were all they had here. Though most of the time Ajax would make rash decisions when they fought, resulting in him getting critical injuries. He was very lucky that (y/n) knew how to treat wounds, and she scolded him everytime.

Secretly (y/n) didn't mind his boldness, because she would use these opportunities to get closer to him.

Ajax had never made friends with the kids in his village, or put effort to try and sympathize with people because all they would ever see him as was a troublemaker, or his natural ability to stir up trouble would scare them, ruling him as an outcast. So after that experience, he grew close to his father, listening to his stories as they went ice fishing. But around her, he's never gotten along splendidly with anyone his age, or the opposite gender.

(y/n) had no trouble fighting mages, or lawachurls, but when it came to hilichurls - she would always hesitate.

The thought of a hilichurl being someone she knew, or someone from her home country made her feel sick. The thought of using her power on them was answered with a no, even if it was easier, she would still deny Ajax's requests. Giving one a slow and painful death was a sin of her past.

And when she was backed up in a corner, surrounded by the monsters, (y/n) refused to still use her ability, and instead whipped out her sword, slicing their heads off with ease, finally leaving them at peace while they disintegrated in front of her eyes.

There were days she wished she was born normally. No powers. No burdens. No empty promises.

But the only way to do that is to die, and she had already tried.

It took alot of time for Ajax to get used to
(y/n)'s sinister ability; Selene's blessing. "Ironic name isn't it?" She explained how her biological mother took advantage of her power from a young age. "I can activate it in my conscious mind, and deactivate it the same way. But I remember being so nauseous.. watching the victim writhe and scream in their sleep, dying because of my power," She told the boy, who was crouching in front of her, while she sat atop a rock.

"I didn't even know who they were. My mother would bring them to the basement, and praise me, tell me how I was capable of doing it, how she was proud of me and how she loved me. They had families.. they had sons and daughters, brothers and sisters.. and I killed them," she buried her face into her hands, choking on her words. "Don't blame yourself. you didn't deserve it.. none if it. you're amazing.. y'know?" Ajax comforted her, slowly removing her hand from her teary-eyed face.

She buried herself into his arms, his warmth. He let her do so, slowly wrapping his arms around her. He was strong no doubt, but under all that he was as delicate as a flower.

"You're so important to me,"

(y/n) mumbled into his chest. She didn't care whether he actually heard or not. Cut off from the rest of the world, she found comfort in his arms.

He was her sun.

slayy short ass chapter but everything will tie in together soon <333

psa: chapter 8 was the beginning of this mini series !