24 ✧

to the readers who have been by my side since the beginning - doesnt it feel so nostalgic seeing this picture?

Though Liyue and Snezhnaya are miles apart, news can spread much faster than they seem.

Zhongli sat in solitude in his office, the burning sun already casting it's long shadows on the floors of the Funeral parlour. It had been a long day for the consultant, organizing and planning rituals has tired him no doubt.

In front of him laid letters of some sort, with having so much creased lines, from being folded and unfolded. He had no time to open them this morning. Zhongli's brows drew together,
as he began to read the tattered piece of paper.

           ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

I cannot promise her the world.
But I may be able to guarantee her safety.

Liyue is not in danger.

Trust me, Zhongli.

Ajax.

P.S If things go south,
please make sure she does not fall
into the depths of despair.

There is a second note attached which includes all the details for her to have a fulfilling life.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Zhongli's expression relaxed as he reread the letter again and again, and by the time he read the contents of the next letter, the god of contracts looked blankly inscrutable.

His eyes continued to trail over the harbinger's perfect calligraphy, which stood out amongst the grubby quality of the letter. But he did not read it any longer. To put it simply, Zhongli was quite stunned. Childe was tainted by corruption, but he never imagined that this ruthless harbinger was this devoted. For anyone - other than his family.

It was all beginning to make sense. He reached his hand to the far edge of the desk, grabbing the teyvat times newspaper he had briefly read earlier.

And there it was.

Spread out on the front page, was an a hundred million mora bounty for none other than the Eleventh harbinger, Tartaglia or his other alias, Childe. RUNAWAY. TRAITOR. EXILE. BANISHED - is what was written above his photo, and amusingly enough they chose a picture where he was grinning from ear to ear.

Yet somewhere, deep in the back of his mind, Zhongli felt a sense of uneasiness which he could not fully understand, which made him even more uneasy. Gods do not practice the art of clairvoyance, but he could feel the inner rampage of one. Besides, it was a rare occurrence if a god was angry, so the former archon concluded his thinking with that damned ginger who had fallen in love with his student.