20 ✧

As soon as (y/n) and Childe set foot into the territory of Cuijue slope, the atmosphere changed immensely

As soon as (y/n) and Childe set foot into the territory of Cuijue slope, the atmosphere changed immensely. The navy skies that draped over the horizon had now been replaced by looming grey clouds with a promise of rain along with the sudden absence of the gleaming moon. "What a warm welcome," He scoffed, a line appearing between his brows.

"This doesn't feel right at all.."

(y/n) muttered underneath her breath, narrowing her eyes into the distance. Childe spun around, with his hands clasped together. "Well! let's try and find that temple the woman was talking about." She nodded in response, treading on the heels of his boots, as they delve deeper into the ruins.  "Childe?" (y/n) called out his name.

"What's the matter?"

The harbinger hums lightheartedly, glancing sideways at her. "I heard you go by another alias from a little birdie.. Tartaglia is it?" she coyly grins, quite embarrassed she hadn't called him this from the beginning. "Well- yes I go by that too.." Childe seems to be having the same thoughts, scratching his nape awkwardly. "So how would you want me to address you?" she asked him.

"Do you mind calling me something else other than Childe or Tartaglia? That's if you're comfy with it,"

"What are you suggesting?" she raised a brow, silently wishing he wouldn't pick something corny or flirty - something Childe would do out of the blue.

"Ajax."

Both stopped in their tracks, one eager for the other's response, and the other - well, quite taken aback. Ajax. A name that opened up forsaken memories, a name that reminded her of the azure waters of Luhua pool. T̶h̶e̶ ̶n̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶o̶y̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶ ̶s̶a̶w̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶s̶e̶l̶f̶ ̶a̶ ̶m̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶.̶"..What does this name mean to you, Ajax?" (y/n) asked him once more. At the sound of her calling him "Ajax" a name he has abandoned for so long, he found solace in this. Soon enough he was grinning to himself.

"Sorry- hearing it makes me feel a little more..." human, Childe finishes his sentence in his head, instead of voicing depressing thoughts aloud.

Better be safer that sorry.

"Okay. I won't question it, but if it happens to have some ludicrous meaning I won't hesitate to kick your balls." She warned him, plastering a wry smile across her face. "That's the spirit," Childe laughed and pats her head softly, ruffling her hair. Continuing to walk along the path, he leaves the girl standing there, her cheeks turned pink - in disbelief.