13 ✧

guys wooo I finally decided on my uploading schedule! (about time..👩🏻‍🦯) but please expect a new chapter every Tuesday!! I usually announce it but alot of you don't follow me (which makes no sense because I'm so funny and hot) so I just decided I'll say it here </3

When (y/n) came downstairs at midday, she didn't expect to find Childe already sitting at the dining table, writing on a piece of parchment with such concentration that his tongue peeked out the corner of his lips

When (y/n) came downstairs at midday, she didn't expect to find Childe already sitting at the dining table, writing on a piece of parchment with such concentration that his tongue peeked out the corner of his lips. His leg was propped up on his chair, and he was no longer bare-chested, instead, he wore a maroon shirt that was usually seen under his jacket.

"Good morning," he greeted her, without looking up from his work. "What are you writing?" she asked groggily, wiping her eyes. "A letter to my family back in Snezhnaya," he lifted it up, seeming to be checking for spelling errors. "Tonia, Teucer and Anthon.." she read aloud from over his shoulder. "My beloved younger siblings." he said fondly, the corners of his lips sliding upwards.

"You must really love them." she muttered, and when Childe finally looked up at her, he caught sight of a gentle expression upon her face. "My family are the center of the my universe and I dedicate myself to them wholeheartedly," he revealed to her, while slowly turning back to his letter. "In Snezhnaya, sunlight is scarce. However, at night, we are all under the snow-white moon... and I hope that my family can see it too." Childe folded up the parchment, his expression was sombre. (y/n) pondered the fact that this harbinger's weakness was his family, though it was sort of...wholesome.

"Have you eaten?" (y/n) left his side, and walked over to the stove. Childe placed a hand on his stomach, rubbing it. "Now that you say that.. I haven't eaten anything since yesterday," he replied, leaning back on his chair. (y/n) didn't answer, but rather, bent down in front of the stove below her and threw in ignited matchsticks. She pulled out a skillet from the rack above the counter, and placed it on the fire she had started. "Freeloader," (y/n) muttered under her breath, letting the pan heat up before increasing the fire.

She cut slices of raw meat she had obtained from  the other day, using a butcher's knife. Childe watched from behind as she divided the jueyun chili at a steady pace. Back home, Childe was taught how to cook by his mother and older sister, and would sometimes cook meals for his family. He secretly wondered if their cooking skills could be well-matched. (y/n) tossed the meat into the skillet, letting out a "woah!" as the fire of the pan increased.

"Ah!" she exclaimed suddenly, searching the bamboo shelves along the kitchen. They didn't have any chopsticks, which were essential for the meal she was making. "I don't have what I need.." she sighed, idly placing a hand on her hip. "Tsk. You should be more organized in your own home," she heard childe's mocking tone. "What?" (y/n) spun around, her eyebrows knitted together in concern. "This isn't my house, the actual owner works at the inn on the hill just let me stay for a while," she clarified to him and then paused, thinking. "-How did you manage to stay here? or rather, me? a fatui harbinger?" Childe spluttered, interrupting (y/n)'s own line of thoughts.