【 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐝𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠.】

❝𝒂 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒔𝒄𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆, 𝒂 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆.❞
𝑦𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝑑 𝑥 𝑓𝑒𝑚 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑒𝑟

The emperor of the heavens did not mingle with humans

The emperor of the heavens did not mingle with humans. Not only was he far too busy for it, he also found no need to. The heavens had everything and more, what could the humans give to compare to that?

Nothing, is the answer.

Was he right? Perhaps. But then again, this is the god that has only visited the mortals less than a handful of times.

Emperor Xianliang, the emperor of the heavens, was not a kind god by any means. In war, he was bloodthirsty and merciless. In court, he judged fairly but emotionlessly. Personal feelings were not to interfere with his work.

Although his work ethic was admirable, his lack of emotion threw off the other gods. His face was in a permanent glare, and if looks could kill, one too many gods would have fallen. It was why he could stay in his workplace for long periods of time without getting interrupted, as the one of the only gods who did not fear him was his right hand man, who respected him greatly.

"Good afternoon, my lord." Liu Wei greeted with his head tipped to show his respect. Xianliang nodded in acknowledgment, taking a sip of yellow tea from his porcelain cup.

"Ah? Xianliang is here?" A feminine voice cut through the silence, making Liu Wei nervously smile and Xianliang's eye twitched in slight annoyance.

"Yes, my lord here is enjoying his tea, Changying." Liu Wei replied, shooting his lord a quick glance that said 'sorry'. Xianliang shook his head, signifying that he was not angry at him.

"Oh! Xianliang, you won't believe what a particular mortal I've found!" She pranced into his workspace, taking a seat on one of the cushioned chairs diagonal to his table.

"I am not interested in mortals, Changying." He said calmly, not batting an eye in her direction as he continued with his paperwork.

"You're always uninterested," she rolled her eyes. "You're such a downer."

Xianliang hummed in reply, his right hand gracefully using the bamboo of his brush to sign his documents. Changying and Liu Wei's meaningless chatter faded into white noise as he continued to sign, only stopping to drink his tea every few minutes.

He needed a break.