【𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠.】

❝𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒎𝒚 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈, 𝒎𝒚 𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒚, 𝒎𝒚 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒊 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒕 𝒏𝒐 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒘𝒂𝒚.❞
𝑦𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑣𝑎𝑚𝑝𝑖𝑟𝑒 𝑥 𝑓𝑒𝑚 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑒𝑟

Vampires, werewolves, witches and whatnot were fairly common in your world

Vampires, werewolves, witches and whatnot were fairly common in your world. While you were neither of those, you were friends with a few of them.

Of course, with mythical beings comes consequences. One of them is the idea of a mate, a lifelong companion that has been decided by fate. It is mostly undisputed by those beings as they have had them ever since the start of their existence.

However, humans were on the more carefree side of that. They were born with no such ties to anyone, and if they fell in love then they did. In comparison, human emotions were far more fickle; unreliable yet far more freeing.

Most humans were left alone in terms of their love lives, as it was extremely rare to hear of a case where a mythical being was mated to a human. The statistics for it are said to be about a 0.00005 per cent chance, so around 1500 humans of the population of 3 billion would be mated to a mythical being.

All those who go their entire lives without having a werewolf or vampire or any being for that matter trying to abduct them and proclaim them as their 'mate' are the lucky ones, the normal ones, while the rest who weren't so lucky were unfortunately abducted and held in captivity most of the time.

Of course, the law enforcement and government could not do anything about it. It was not in their place to dictate what those beings could or could not do, for they were the ones who would be crushed in mere seconds. Although there are weapons made to combat these creatures, they were expensive to create and even more expensive to buy as the materials used to make them were so scarce, so it was only to be used in dire circumstances.

Basically, if you were abducted by a mythical being and proclaimed as their mate, there is practically no way out.

And as unfortunate as this sounds, you were one of the unlucky few.