Chapter 19: The Judgemental Fish

Matt drew his keychain from his pocket, and opened the door to Lizzy's house using the key she had given his a few days ago. Lizzy had only left that morning, but he figured it wouldn't hurt to check up on the place. Besides, he had something to do.

Inside the house, he flipped on the hall light, and made his way into the living room. He hadn't been to Lizzy's house often, but he he still knew where everything was.

Come to think of it, he had almost never been to her house. How did he know his way around??

The thought was a bit odd. With his past girlfriends, he always spent almost obscene amounts of time with her. The more he thought about it, the more he realized how much Lizzy was not his normal type. Since he started acting, he hadn't dated a girl that wasn't famous in some way. His last girlfriend, Lily, wwas an actress he met on the set of a movie. The girl he dated before that was a supermodel.

And then there was Lizzy. She wasn't famous, they honestly spent very little time together since he was doing a TV show she wasn't on, and she wasn't beautiful in the conventional way. Not like Lily, or Daisy. But she was beautiful.

Matt was more than a little bit surprised at the fact that he kind of had a "type", also by the fact that Lizzy did not fit said type.

And that as the moment that he realized something important.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matt flipped off some lights, fturned some on, just to make it look like there was someone still staying in the house, even though there really wasn't. He casually made his way into the kitchen, where Tony was swimming in his tank on the counter. Matt leaned on the edge of the counter so that his face was even with Tony the fish, and grinned at him."Hello, Tony. How are you doing?"

Tony didn't reply. Probably because he's a fish and is therefore unable to reply in a form that Matt would be able to understand. Although The Doctor can speak every single language there is, Matt himself cannot. Matt was pretty sure that the look Tony gave him was supposed to say "Why the heck are you talking to a fish??? Stupid human."

However, he had no ide if Lizzy's fish really was that judgemental.

After his uneventful discussion with the fish, he fed Tony, and made his way back to the living room. There wasn't much else to do, and it was getting late, so he figured he should head home. But before he did, he placed a purple hydranga (Lizzy's favorite flower) on the table in her entryway. The flower was fake, but a real note was tied to the stem, folded over once, with Matt's handwriting on the front.

For Lizzy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: So, I'm really getting into this story. I'm starting to enjoy writing it more and more, I'm having a lot of fun.

Sorry this chapter is so short. (Wait, is it short? It feels short to me. I don't know.) But I think I've decided I'm going to alternate Point of Views for each chapter, and this is the end of Matt's PoV for this one.

So, how is everyone liking the cover? I decided that five months into a story, and 17 chapters is high time for a legit cover. And I had a free period in my Graphic Design class.

Also, what are you guys thinkin of the story? Feel free to comment, vote, whatever you like to let me know how I'm doing.

Love you guys!

~Kay