Chapter 24: In Which Lizzy Does Nothing

Lizzy did absolutely nothing because her life is boring af and I don't want to write about it.

Lol jk.

I really am not in a Lizzy mood. Just not feeling her rn. Matt is the interesting one.

So I'll write about Lizzy later. Maybe.

---------------------------------------

After she had talked to Matt, she felt a lot better. She still wanted to know what was up with those charms though.

Of course, Jackie and Rhi had been listening into the whole conversation. They had left in between the phone call, and the Skype conversation, so they still didn't know that the "Matt" She was dating was the Matt Smith.

She'd have to tell them. She told Jay. But would they even believe her? Probably not. Well, they would all be spending the night at Jackie's house tomorrow night, after karaoke. Maybe she would Skype Matt that night. . . She'd have to talk to him him about it.

In the mean time, Lizzy decided to go spend some family time before she went out for coffee with Cece, a friend she hadn't been able to see yet.

----------------------------------------------

About an hour and a half later, she was sitting in a coffee shop called "Plantation". It had been there since she was in High School, and she had spent many a day after school here for an hour or two, meeting up with a friend over the weekend.

Cece was running a bit late, but Lizzy didn't mind. Cece was already going way out of her way to come see her. Cece lived in San Francisco, having wanted to get the heck out of their town as fast as she could. So she lived between an hour and a half and two hours away, depending on traffic. When she walked though the door, Lizzy was excited, to say the least.

"Cece!" She called, across the little coffee shop.

Cece grinned and made her way over. Lizzy was amazed that she wasn't cold, in her strapless dress and thin cardigan

She gave her a hug, and the two sat down. Cece fished through her purse and pulled out a small clutch wallet. "I'm gonna order a coffee. Have you ordered yours yet?"

"Yeah. I have."

"Alright. I'll be back in a sec!" She gave Lizzy a bright smile and walked the short distance from the table to the counter to get a coffee, her hips swaying as she walked.

Cece was very. . . White girl. Not that that was a bad thing. It was just very different from the rest of Lizzy's friends. Then again, her taste in friends was rather varied. Cece, the common white girl. Very apathetic to many things.

Then there was Rhi. They still called her the boy crazy one, even though she was the only one who had already met a guy, fell in love, and got engaged. She was definitely crazy about him.

And Jackie, a youth pastor, an empath. She really felt the emotions of the people around her, making her the person in the group everyone went to for comfort.

Then there was Jay. Often absent, always off doing a show, she was the most bright and generally pleasant person to be around. She never had bad days. When bad things happened, you would never know. Jay always said she blamed theater. Lizzy wasn't sure she could rule out sociopathy.

Cece returned and sat down, a casual hand on her dress to make sure it didn't ride up. "Is Cate still meeting us here?"

"As far as I know, yes. In about twenty minutes. Jackie and Rhi should be here too."

Cece smiled, and Lizzy smiled back. Cece got a very hopeful look on her face when she asked, "And Jay?"

Lizzy bit her lip. "No. . She's still touring for her show. Actually, she's in New York right now."

Cece's face fell. She had known Jay since the third grade, and they were really close for years. Cece didn't get to see her often, due to conflicting schedules. Before Jay started touring, even though they lived hours apart, they saw eachother at least once a week, and Cece still wasn't used to it.

She smiled again though, and continued the conversation, until her name was called about five minutes later. This place never was great about speed.

She took a bit to return to the table, because Cate appeared in the doorway. Lizzy and Cece went to meet her.

Gradually, the others made there way to the coffee shop. Until they got loud and were kicked out.

---------------------------------------------
A/N: Hello! I'm so sorry guys!!! I honestly meant to update three weeks ago. I've had Chapter 25 written since then. I just struggled with this chapter. Big time. That little italicized note thing at the beginning is what I had written in place of this chapter for almost the entire three weeks. So, as a special treat, you guys get two updates today!! I know that's not really special, but hey, big surprise next chapter. And the chapter after it! I'm so sorry guys. I'll try to get better about updating again, like I was before. Alright. I'll stop talking now.
Bye!!!

~Kay