Chapter 13: Not Letting You Drive

6:30 rolled around, and Lizzy was panicking. Why wouldn't the stupid straightener work?!?! Ugh! She (quite angrily) slammed it down on the counter. Then she realized with embarrassment that she hadn't turn the stupid thing on.

She flipped it on and scurried out of the room to get dressed while it heated up. She had already picked it out and layed it on her bed before she went to straighten her hair.

A black leather jacket, red top, black shorts, grey hose, and dark brown leather boots. It reminded her a bit of something Amy Pond would wear.

She got dressed quickly, and glanced at the clock. 6:45. Okay. She could do this. Speed straightening time! She was just finishing up the last section when she heard a knock at the door. She unplugged the straightener, and started running her hands over her hair to make sure it layed properly as she hurried to the door.

She took a deep breath and smiled brightly as she opened the door.

He was smiling too. His bangs flopped perfectly onto his forehead when he flicked them off to the side with a quick motion of his head.

"You look beautiful, Lizzy."

She smiled even brighter. "You look quite handsome yourself, Matt."

He had toned the ridiculous factor for this evening. Nothing over the top. He looked, well, he look pretty darn good. He wore a plain white tee shirt, which may she add showed off his form well. While he was skinny and lanky, the way his tee hugged his torso gave an impression that he was better built than he really was. Over the tee, he wore a plain grey waistcoat left unbuttoned. Dark blue jeans hung on his hips, and his feet were clad in black leather boots. He looked good.

"I dressed myself this morning. Do you like it?"

"Much." She replied.

He offered her his hand as she stepped down off the porch. "I can make it down, you know." She teased him.

"I was just trying to be a gentlema- ah!" He attempted to step down off the porch and got his foot caught under the welcome mat. Tripped and fell off the porch, and Lizzy caught him before he fell on his face.

"I think you're the one who needed help down."

He stood up quickly, as if nothing had happened. "Me? I'm fine."

"Sure you are, Matt."

"I am!" He led her over to his car, a Vauxhall Corsa. He loved it. He started to get into the drivers seat.

"Oh, no." Lizzy told him. "Give me the keys."

"But this is my Corsa!!"

"Matt. I'm driving."

He pouted. "Fine," and tossed her the keys.

"No no don't-" the keys hit her hand. "Ouch! Maaatt! While we're both aware I can catch well enough, keys are heavy objects! Also sharp! Now my hand hurts."

He met her halfway around the car. "I'm sorry, Lizzy." He took her hand and raised it to his lips, placing a gentle kiss on the back. "Better?"

She inwardly swooned. "Yes. ."