Chapter 3: Fallen Coffee

Lizzy's mind was racing.

Did he just say what she thinks he just said???? He wants her to play his love interest?? Lizzy has no problem with it. But isn't it kind of awkward for him?? She is ten years younger than him, after all.

But. . .

This is her dream come true!! Every fangirls dream come true. And to play the companion. . .

Ha, take that life. No one back home in the states ever believed her when she told them she would be the Doctor's companion one day. Heck, she didn't believe it. But now she could be!

"Me?? But. . . I'm so young. . ."

"I think you're perfectly capable. Everyone thought I was too young to be the Doctor. Age is no big deal. The Doctor's first companion was his granddaughter, after all. Billie was only a few years older than you when she played Rose. And David was older than me at the time."

"if you want me to audition. . . ."

"I do. I really do."

"Then I'd love to!!"

"Yay!! I'll talk to Moffat as soon as I can. I think you'll be perfect for the role."

It seems like he tried to wink at her, but it came out as more of an awkward blink thing.

And then, came the moment she had been waiting for since he first mentioned 'coffee.' His spastic limbs knocked over his coffe cup. And somehow, through his Matt Magic, it landed on Lizzy.

He apologized profusely, and she laughed and shrugged it off. Lizzy was VERY used to Matt's clumsiness.

Speaking of clumsiness. . . .

"So, Matt. How many screwdrivers did you break today?"

He opened his mouth, then blushed as he looked down at his lap and mumbled something.

"How many, Matt?"

"Four. . . ." He said quietly.

Lizzy laughed, then stopped quickly. "I wasn't laughing!"

"Yes you were!!" He accused.

"Okay, I was. But only because your clumsiness is adorable."

"It's like a disease, I swear!!"

"Or something of the sort."

"Maybe it's because I'm off balance, y'know, with all this hair." He flicked his bangs into his face, in a classic Matt gesture.

"Or maybe it's because you are in a constant state of surprise at your own limbs."

Matt laughed at that one.

Jokes about Matt's clumsiness were common for the two. They did have quite a bit of material, after all.

Lizzy finished her coffee, and Matt looked at her sadly.

"I should probably get going. I have an interview in a few hours, and I should get home beforehand. I need to feed Sherbert. But I'll see you Sunday, yeah?"

"Yeah."

Matt and Lizzy hugged and said their goodbyes, and went our separate ways.

But all she could think about was being the next companion.