Chapter 12: Matt's Ringtone

Suddenly, (Lizzy was about ready to swear that she was in a fanfiction) a phone rang, cutting Matt off before he could ask his question. Was that the Mission Impossible theme?

"That would be me!" Matt pulled his phone out of his coat (which was still draped over a chair) pocket.

It was the Mission Impossible theme!! Lizzy had a sudden mental image of Matt, dressed all in black, attempting to creep about his house in a spy-like fashion, (falling on his face a few times in the process), with that ring tone playing in the background. She forced back a laugh, and Matt gave her a questioning look before hitting the answer button.

"Hello! . . . Okay. . . Yeah. . . Alright. . . Yes. . . Yes mummy. . . . Bye! . . . Bye. . . . I love you too! Bye!!" Matt hung up and turned to Lizzy.

"Mummy?" she teased.

"She wants me to visit. . . For my birthday and everything. I promised her I would. ."

"Then go! Don't disappoint Mummy."

"Oh, stop it!"

Matt got his things together and left, but not before giving Lizzy a kiss on the cheek on his way out the door.

After shutting the door, Lizzy had to fangirl a bit.

And then she was left to question what Matt's question was.

And then to ponder how often Matt went up to his mother going "Are you my mummy?"

She was positive it had to be at least three or four times.

A day.

Later that day, Matt called Lizzy, sounding more than a little bit nervous.

"Hey Matt."

"'Ello, Lizzy. Listen, there's something I'd like to ask you."

"Is this the same something you were going to ask earlier before Mummy called?"

"Hush up! But yes. It is."

"Go for it."

"Well, I was wondering, if, maybe, you'd like to- and you don't have to- but maybe you'd like to go out sometime for, um, texting and scones."

Wait wait wait wait. What??? Did he just. . . Was he??? Oh my god!!!

"Matt Smith, are you asking me on a date??" Lizzy couldn't keep the excitement from her voice.

"Well, yeah. I am."

OH MY GALLIFRAYAN TIMELORD MATT SMITH JUST ASKED HER ON A DATE!!!!!

"I would love to go on a date with you, Matt."

"Really?? I mean, uh, great!! I'll pick you up at seven tonight? Or is that too early? Or too late?"

"Seven is fine."

"Okay! I'll see you then!"

Throughout the conversation, Lizzy was holding back a scream, which she let out as soon as they hung up.

"I'M GOING ON A DATE WITH MATT SMITH!!!!!"