ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 9

"Then why did you all looked at me like you saw a ghost?" Just a very simple question, yet enough to catch Silver off guard.

He did noticed it. But what is she suppose to say.

"Nevermind! It's not like I'll believe you if you say yes. Ghosts aren't real!" He said and snickered squeezing his plushie on his chest.

A few more minutes with just silence, the bus are soon filled with students. They arrived at the school just in time to prepare for the evening mass.

And just as Qaelust was expecting. Quin fixed a seat right beside her and Silver. The ladies from Quillrie's group joined them as well; Yatch, Skye and Selene.

The boys had to separate ways with them as they have to prepare with the music club.

Right after the mass, the students went straight to the canteen for dinner with the student council assisting them.

It's been quite a long day and everyone's been too caught up with loud conversations that's giving life to the entire canteen.

___

"Are you certain?"

"Affirmative..." Chaniel replied, her eyes locked at the headmistress who's as usual dwelling in the darkness of her office.

"Hmm. Since when did it started?" She asked turning the next page of a certain student's personal information.

"According to what we have. Probably when the lair was breached the same day of the disappearance..." she replied observing the headmistress' expressions which turned out to be the same blank as it is.

"It is what we feared... Arrange a schedule for Father Roran... And make sure nobody else finds out except Laudemer and Craeian..." the headmistress ordered closing the folder and ditching it to the far right of her desk.

"Are we not going to inform the rest of their friends? They are involved in this too!" Chaniel exclaimed but her body went stoned when the headmistress gave her a shivering death glare.

"Blake has no memory of what happened. Lived will surely hyperventilate to whatever we will discuss. And Helveryst is not mentally prepared. Those kids are still young to join such discussion. It will be better to let those two join us!" She explained with a monotonous tone.

She sighed as she stood up. The heels of her shoes thudding the floor delicately. The sound as if a ghost with footsteps are approaching.

She walked towards the hanger of her clothes and removed her dark brown coat from it draping it to her shoulders. She took her dark brown chapeau stashed with a black rose to match with her coat. Then her black sunglasses completing an attire as if she's mourning.
But nevertheless, she still slayed the look elegantly which not every woman of her age can properly pull off.

"I'm going to the church. I want to relieve stress..." she said as Chaniel makes way for her to exit the office.

"Shall I call Blake, Miss?" Chaniel asked with her head bowed.

"Might as well..."

The headmistress proceeded to walk out of the building, heading straight to the church which are a few minutes walk from the building.

She arrived not long and took a seat near the piano. Specifically on a very special seat placed alongside the seat of the other choir singers.

It was placed there intentionally but no one is allowed to seat as the seat belonged to the headmistress alone.