ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 21

Everyone rushed to the bell tower. Including Selene and her friends. Upon their arrival, many students have gathered down the tower along with some nuns and deacons.

Selene lifted her head to see Craeian hanging on the edge of the bell tower with Quillrie holding his hand preventing him from falling to his death.

"Why isn't anyone going up there!!?" Yatch screamed to the top of her lungs.

"The tower is locked from all exits. The doors are barricaded from the inside. Nobody can get in." One of the students answered her.

Everyone are already delved into deep panic. And not very far from them, Amara laughed like a maniac seeing the scene she caused unfold just as she planned it.

Perfect.

She thought and wickedly giggled while clapping her hands in amusement.

She walked out of the scene, clearing her expression clean as if nothing bad is and about to happen.

"F**k! I swear Rie if you let go!!!" They heard Craeian yelled from the top.

And that was enough. Qaeus and Prince dashed on both available exits. They tried to kick down the doors but it was really barricaded from the inside.

Prince is in the brink of panic. He couldn't focus properly thinking that he might be too late to save his friend.
Silver tried to remain composed and looked for a way out of their problem. She scanned the entire tower and realized that a huge tree is just close to it.

They can climb on that branch. And if careful enough, they can jump the distance to the window closed to it.

"Prince! Let's climb that tree!" She said and pulled the boy with him.

Prince is the one who climbed up first. He helped the girl and lift her up to sit on the branch.

The two were careful crawling to the edge of the branch that connects to one of the tower's windows.

They had to move slow so the branch won't move hastily that might cause their fall.

Prince hopped on the window frame and helped the girl to jump in too. Once they got in...

"Go! I'll open the doors!" Silver said and they separated their ways leaving a 'be careful' words to each other.

Silver ran downstairs to open the barricaded doors while Prince ran the other way to help his friends.

But on his way up, he found Laudemer unconscious on the stairs with his forehead bleeding.

"Laudemer!!!" The boy called and immediately shook the latter's body.

"Wake up! What's wrong with you!!!" He cried not stopping to shake him.

"Quillrie!!!!!!" He heard Craeain's voice bellowing from the top.

"I'll come back for you Laudemer! I promise!" Prince said and proceeded to run to the top.

And right exactly when he arrived, Quillrie had lost his grip on the bars and was pulled down by Craeian's weight.

Prince immediately bolted to the two and grabbed Quillrie's left arm. Injuring his right leg in the process.

"Sh*t!!! Whatever you do Prince! Don't let go!" Quillrie warned trying not lose his grip on Craeian's cold hands.

"You're too heavy!" Prince cried but still did his best to not let go.

Everyone down the tower could only scream and bellow in fear. Everyone's so worried that they might lose two of their treasured council officers today.