Chapter 011

Comment and Vote!

⚜️🖤⚜️🖤⚜️🖤⚜️

Jane's POV.

"Do you think it's true?"

"What is? Lady Jane," Sarah asked me as she followed me out of my quarters.

Last night went well. My view of Prince Vince seemed to have shifted a little bit. He was not so bad. He stayed for a little longer after having dinner and we talked. But I'm still a little bit unsatisfied with his answer about his relationship with Ashley.

"What he told me about Ashley," I told her as I look down on my bracelet.

Last night, Vincent also gave me an emerald bracelet before he left. He said that it's his first gift for me.

"Well, he did say to trust him. I would believe him over the rumors, my lady," she answered.

What a loyal subject.

"You would trust him immediately?" I questioned.

"You won't, my lady?"

I looked at her.

"I would trust his word. But not completely. Action should justify his words. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now," I stated. Sarah seemed to understand me and nodded her head in agreement.

As I look forward, I was met by Prince Paris walking in my direction. Along with him was the same girl I saw in his quarters. Esmeray is her name, I think?

When he reached me, he smiled. Esme curtsied at my presence.

"I'm glad to see you well, Lady Jane," he grinned, his eyes turning to pretty crescent slits as he did so.

"Thank you for the lilies you sent me, your highness. They were lovely. However, how did you know that I like stargazer lilies?" I asked him.

"Oh? Just a wild guess," he winked. "I'm good with the ladies you see."

"Well, I wouldn't expect any less from a ladies man indeed," I chuckled. He chortled at my comment.

"Anyway, we better get going. It's a beautiful day to go outside. Esme and I have to go now," he smiled before bowing his head a bit as a farewell. However, I got curious.

"Go out? Like the garden?"

"We'll be going to Athene city, my lady. The central city of Athanasia," he informed me.

They're going to the main city? I heard so many things about that place. Unfortunately, when I came here to the palace, we didn't take the route towards the city.

I nodded. Prince Paris smiled again before he went on his way, along with Esme. My eyes followed them as they depart. However, an idea was already bubbling inside me.

"Sarah?" I called, my eyes still on the two. I need to make this fast.

"Yes, my lady?"

"I would like to be alone," I told her.

"Huh? Why?"

I gave her a look. Let's not ask too many questions, sweetie.

"I'll see you later," I dismissed her, giving her an assuring smile in the process before I sprinted towards the direction where Prince Paris and Esmeray went.

Once I was out of the big doors, I immediately found the two. They're heading towards the stables. I followed.

As I near the stables, I then saw Prince Nathaniel too. And he was the first one to notice me.