Chapter 004

Comment and Vote!

⚜️🖤⚜️🖤⚜️🖤⚜️

Jane's POV.

I'm disappointed in him.

I really disappointed in him right now.

He's not a man of honor. I know that now. Because if he is, then I wouldn't be waiting here in the gardens for an hour for the picnic. The maids had come earlier already to set up the blanket and the basket of food. They already left and I've been alone, waiting.

Never have I been so disrespected like this!

Who does he think he is? Just because he's a prince doesn't mean he can just be rude like this! He doesn't have manners!

But then again, he didn't plan this picnic. Nor did he promised to attend and meet me here. It was arranged by the Queen. Just like everything was arranged for us.

I kicked a pebble out of frustration, my cheeks puffed out and my arms now crossed against my chest. I suddenly heard a dog whimper after. It wasn't long until my eyes landed on a puppy.

"I'm sorry puppy, did I hurt you?" I knelt down and picked the dog up, suddenly feeling bad that I hurt it by kicking a pebble.

"My Lady," I looked up to see a maid. She bowed.

"Hi," I greeted, before looking back down at the dog. "Is this little puppy yours?"

"No, My Lady," The maid answered. "It's Prince Vincent's. I was just the caretaker of the puppy."

Hearing his name, my irritation returned. But then when I return my attention to the little puffball of cuteness, I smiled.

"You're so fluffy," I gushed, picking the puppy up. "What's your name?"

"His name is Yeontan, My Lady." The maid replied for the pup. I smiled again, lifting the puppy at eye level. The puppy licked my nose and I couldn't help but gush again.

"Can I borrow him for a while?" I asked.

"Uhm, of course My Lady." The maid nodded. "I'll just come fetch him later then."

"Thank you."

Playing with the puppy made my mood a bit better. No matter who his owner is. He knew a few tricks, so he was very entertaining. Not to mention he's so cuddly. He reminds me of our dog at home, Kuma.

"What does your owner looks like hmm?" I muttered, patting the puppy's head.

I haven't explored the palace yet. Nor have I seen the prince. Ever. So I have no idea of what he looks like. There were paintings in the hallway, but I think they're the royal family's ancestors and the past monarchs. I haven't even seen a painting of the princesses. Maybe theirs were not hanged up on the side of the palace where I stay.

"Yeontan, fetch!" I threw the little ball, and the puppy immediately went after it. The pup came back to me right after with his toy in his mouth, placing it in front of my skirts before looking up at me and expecting me to throw it again.