Chapter 008

Comment and Vote!

⚜️🖤⚜️🖤⚜️🖤⚜️

Vincent's POV.

What a stubborn, stubborn girl!

"Jane!" I yelled as soon as she fell from her horse upon the wolf's appearance.

It wasn't just any regular type of wolf. With its large frame, I can already tell. Without a doubt, it's an imperial wolf. They're the ancient ones, said to be very strong and powerful. And now very very rare.

I was about to shoot an arrow to kill the wolf when suddenly another arrow was shot out of nowhere, shooting my readied arrow and breaking it accurately.

What?

I was bewildered even more when all of the sudden, a person in an all-black cloak came from the trees, the face was hidden under the hood. More imperial wolves came and I stepped down to go to Jane. You stubborn girl look at where this got us. However, I was stopped by a visibly even bigger black imperial wolf growling at me, its teeth baring towards me. I was about to pull my sword when the person spoke.

"Do not touch my wolves,"

I stopped in my movements, narrowing my eyes at the person's feminine voice. A girl. Seeing that she's at a closer distance to the Lady of Mavris, I didn't completely let my guard down.

"Get away from my Lady," I calmly warned.

The person gazed down at the Lady of Mavris—who's now unconscious on the bed of dried leaves. I have to get to her and fast. She could be injured. I tried to advance, but the wolves snarled at me to step back.

"Do not touch her!" I yelled this time when the person kneeled and checked on Jane. The stranger didn't obey.

That's when I finally pulled my sword out, ready to claim my lady out of the stranger's hands and slay the wolves. But she was quicker than what I have expected and pulled out a sword of her own, clashing against mine in a swift move.

Her hood fell off and I saw that she's wearing a mask on. A wolf-like mask. The only thing I could see was her greyish-silver hair.

For a girl, this person definitely knows how to handle swords and arrows. And she seems like she's a great one too.

"Who are you?" I asked calmly as I stood my ground, my sword still in contact against the force of hers.

"You wouldn't want to know, your highness," she spoke. She then swiftly shifted her hold, catching me off guard, our swords clashing once more before she expertly twisted it out of my hold and send it flying past me. I looked behind me, only to see that it had pierced one of the tree trunks behind.

How even...?

I breathed heavily, shocked as I stared at my sword, before turning to her. Contrary to what I was expecting—with her sword expectedly pointed at my neck and ready to strike again—she secured her sword back to her side.

"You're not gonna kill me?" I asked warily. The imperial wolves now stood behind her, but still on guard and sharp eyes still on my every move. I counted the wolves, stopping at six.