Chapter 012

Comment and Vote!

Comment and Vote!

⚜️🖤⚜️🖤⚜️🖤⚜️

Vincent's POV.

"Your highness," I was stopped from my tracks when a familiar voice called me. I turned, my gaze landing in the corner where a human figure stood.

"Ashley," Her name rolled off my tongue before I look around. I told her not to cross paths with me unless I tell her to. And unless it's urgent. She had to be careful around me now, especially with what happened with my father, the king. And with what my intended feels about her. When I made sure that no one's around, I walked towards her. "What is it?"

"I was told that Lady Jane has left the palace grounds," she reported to me.

"What do you mean? Who would let her out?" I questioned. It's too dangerous for her to go out. And why would no one tell me about it immediately?

"Apparently, no one knows. She sneaked out with the two princes and a girl," she informed me. "If I was there I would've stopped her. I apologize."

My jaw clenched at that. It has to be Paris and Niel. Christien's with my sister earlier. Why would they bring her out and they did that without informing me? They knew it's too dangerous for her to be out in the open!

"I'll alert the guards. I'm bringing her back in. In the meantime, make sure no one knows," I told her. She nodded, curtsied before she turned around and left quietly.

And I was right. The moment I arrived in Athene City, she was in trouble. My anger and worry doubled when I saw how the manhandled her and even threw her to the ground.

I swiftly yet gently pulled her up and pushed her behind me to protect her.

I was angry then and I was angry still as I watched her being escorted to the royal carriage as soon as the two robbers were caught. The moment she was inside, I turned to the short-haired girl, who seemed to be the person who saved my intended as she thanked her earlier.

"Amari is it?" I asked.

I watched as she slightly bowed her head, uttering in a formal tone, "yes, your highness."

"You will be rewarded for defending the Lady Jane," I announced.

"I don't need such reward," she refused and I raised an eyebrow, a bit surprised that she would refuse such a thing. We silently watched as she secured a small silver dagger inside her boot. She stood back up and faced me again.

"On second thought, I just need another pear fruit. As the one I was enjoying eating was... unexpectedly used to strike a dumbhead," She shrugged nonchalantly. Another surprise for everyone around.

"A pear?" I repeated.

"Your highness can add an apple too if you want," she added. "Good for dinner."