#43 Rules and Loopholes

Standing in front of the Tsuchikage tower Naruto and Hinata waited for their team to arrive. The sun was slowly climbing over the walls of the stone village as the pair saw the familiar silhouettes walk towards them.

"Ready?" Hinata simply asked as the three genin stopped in front of their senseis.

"We were born ready." Yeji replied, a confident smile on her face.

"Alright then, let's go." Naruto and Hinata said together as they turned around and entered the building behind them.

Walking through the stairway Hinata smiled at Naruto, as she took his hand. Reaching the Tsuchikage's office, the two jonin let their genin step through the door first.

The Room was filled with people, on the one side stood all the jonin senseis and on the other side stood the genin squads.

After a few more minutes Onoki appeared behind his desk, flanked by two Anbu. Everyone went silent, looking at the kage waiting for him to speak.

"Welcome my young shinobi. Today we will determine if you have collected enough experience to be advanced to the next step on the ladder that is your career. The test will consist of two parts, one will be a scavenger hunt and the second will be revealed when the first is done." The elderly man explained. Before one of the Anbu took over from him.

"I am Anja, I will be your proctor for the first test. For this test we have hidden seven small bright pink objects in the city. They could be anything, a pen, a letter, a cup, anything that fits into your pockets. The things are covered with a slight chakra signature to help you find them. You will start from here and have three hours to deliver the items here, before you are disqualified." The man explained further. There were ten teams in the room so it was clear that it would be a race who would get to the objects first. The genins eyed each other suspiciously.

"Any questions?" Onoki asked, causing Yeji to raise her hand.

"Any restrictions?" Was the only thing she asked, earning a no from the proctor.

Nodding Naruto could see the wheels in the girl's head turning, as she turned towards her teammates with a smile on her face.

"Alright, your time starts now." The proctor announced as he put an hourglass down on the table, watching as the sand began to drizzle into the lower half. The genin teams quickly dashed out the door, except for Naruto and Hinata's.

"Team Kyu, what are you doing?" The proctor asked, causing Yeji to smile at him.

"Just waiting for some deliveries." She said, winking at Naruto and Hinata with a mischievous grin on her face. The other Jonin looked at them with suspicious eyes but that didn't deter the genins as Lia went through a small series of hand signs. Quickly activating her Byakugan Hinata realized that the redhead had cast a genjutsu on the door. However she was not able to tell what the genjutsu's objective was so they would have to wait and see what would happen when the first teams came back.

About half an hour passed before the knob of the door was turned and three boys stepped into the room, everyone's eyes watching them to see the effects of the genjutsu. Hinata could see that they didn't break it, since their chakra networks were behaving irregular to how they should behave. Naruto tried to stop a laugh as he saw the team walk up to Lia and simply hand her a small pink envelope that had a significant chakra signature, identifying it as one of the objects that had been hidden. Hinata giggled as well as everyone else was staring at the scene in front of them. The genjutsu apparently didn't end there as the genin walked to the side they had been on and stood there, waiting for the test to finish. Ten minutes later another team came in and the exact same thing happened, they simply handed Lia their object and stood next to the first team.

"Stop this madness!" The sensei of the second team ordered, angrily stepping towards Yeji and her teammates.

"We asked if there were any restrictions. As shinobi we have to expect everything at any time. We are acting within the rules. I am actually wondering if anyone would see through the genjutsu." The short brunette said, standing her ground as the man towered over her.

"Koharo, stand down. She is right. You will not interfere with the exams." Anja exclaimed as she stepped forward, ready to put the jonin down if he attempted something.

The other Jonin senseis were looking at Naruto and Hinata with angry eyes, while hoping that their own team would spot the genjutsu and avoid it or break out of it.

"Don't look at us, we didn't do anything, if your teams are out on missions they have to expect anything. If they don't make it, then be glad because if this would be a real mission and they were fooled this easily they would be dead chunin." Hinata argued, as Naruto took her hand to calm her down.

"And they were even tipped off that something was wrong, when Yeji asked if there were any restrictions." Naruto continued his girlfriend's line of thought, although his voice was a lot calmer.

This caused a lot of the senseis to lower their gazes as one team after the other came in and handed their found object to Lia. Pretty soon every object was in Lia's possession, with thirty minutes to go.

"I am curious what happens when a team comes through that doesn't have an item with them." Onoki admitted as they waited for the time to expire. His curiosity was satisfied when the next team came into the room and bowed before Lia, explaining that they failed their mission, before walking towards the other genin teams and standing next to them.

"Alright, time is up." The proctor called as the last corn of sand had fallen. Lia handed the pink objects to Yeji who smiled at the jonin in the room as Lia undid the genjutsu.

Looking around the other teams only saw Yeji handing over every last one of the pink objects, as it slowly dawned on them what had happened. Two teams were still missing, however they had failed the exam either way so the Tsuchikage stood an amused smile on his face.

"Congratulations team Kyu, you were the only team to complete the exam." This caused a lot of uproar from the teams that hadn't yet realized they had been tricked. Holding up his hand the Tsuchikage waited for the room to become quiet before continuing to speak.

"For everyone wondering. You never delivered the targets to the proctor. When you opened the door you were put in a weak genjutsu that made you think that Lia over here was the proctor, so you basically handed the objective of your mission to the enemy without hesitation. That shows me that all of you are not ready to be chunin.

Now for team Kyu, originally we had teamfights planned. However since there are no other teams that have reached this stage, you will fight against a chunin team I will select." Onoki explained further. Most of the disqualified genin threw dirty looks at Lia and her teammates while the three genin smiled proudly at their senseis who smiled back.