𝟏𝟖

I really don't know what to do for this chapter, sorry if it's short.
Plus, I just watched the season 4 finale of TVD and I am in tears.
I kinda wanted to mention that Athena is actually the older twin.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some of the best lessons are learned from past mistakes, the error of the past is the wisdom of the future.

Surprisingly, Klaus was the one to pull her out before things got really bad

Surprisingly, Klaus was the one to pull her out before things got really bad. He may not be forgiven, but he realized how much Athena really means to him. He may be this monster, but he has the ability to love.

But does he? Because it can't be all sorrow, can it? Always feeling alone in life. And it's all he's ever known. Never experiencing loss because he's never had a loved one to lose, until now that is. But what is grief if not love persevering?

He didn't want to smother her, or pressure her, or anything of the sort. He only wanted to be there for her, and that, he intends on doing. So, maybe 'Always and forever' wasn't the way to go, they could only move on from here.

●●●●●

Her eyes fluttered open and she warily looked around her surroundings, a headache soon to occur. The walls were a dull brown and the sheets felt like sandpaper. Once she realized she was in a place unknown to her, her heart nearly beat out of her chest.

Was Dahlia here? Did she get what she wanted? What-

"Were you ever going to tell me dear aunt Dahlia was back, little bug?" Chilled an all too familiar voice, her head snapped around to see-

Kol

She visible relaxed with immense relief, and for a moment  -just a moment- she forgot about the recent events.  Until she didn't.

As if Kol knew the cascade of emotions was coming, he sped over and wrapped his arms around the girl that was his kid-. Of course, he would never admit to that.

He had called Davina and Marcel prior to the knowledge of Dahlia. They were on their way, desperate to be with the one they called sister and daughter. Even thinking about Dahlia's name sent Kol into a spiral. He would kill this bitch 1000 times over without breaking a sweat. He wanted to give her the pain she caused Thea.

She sobbed with great sorrow into his arms, he felt for her. She lost her best friend yesterday, he had known how close they were, given how much time he actually spent in Beacon Hills. Something he didn't mention to Niklaus and the others.

After what felt like hours, she finally managed to calm down the best she could.

She would be lying if she said she didn't want to turn off her humanity. Maybe she wasn't a vampire yet, but there was a wide range of spells that surrounded humanity.  Cheryl was gone. Her best friend, her sister. Without Cheryl, who was there to keep her anchored?