[1]

[A/N]

Goodbye to the people who don't read A/Ns, enjoy the story! 👋 This is my first story, so please be kind :D

Anyways George has similar features to Haru (when she is a partial cat) from Studio Ghibli's 'The Cat Returns'. He has a cat nose and whiskers, ears, tail, cat-like eyes and paw-like hands and feet (everything else is just human anatomy). Thought it would be nice for you guys to have a visual!

I know the current cover art (art credits are in the story description!) has Dream as a dogboy, but that's not the case in this fic. I just thought tis art was the most accurate representation of how I imagined George (bar his regular nose and hands :])

Anyway, I hope whoever reads this enjoys it! I'll update whenever I can, but i tend to take a lil while to get my wording right so bear with me! 💜💜

As sunlight began to seep through his blinds, George unfurled his body and stretched with a wide yawn. He rubbed his eyes sleepily with his left paw and used the other to reach over to his nightstand and grab his phone.

Checking the time, it was 5:20am, and George groaned. It's not that he didn't expect to wake up so early (he was well used to it by now), it was that almost everyone he knew would be sleeping right now. His friends from the UK wouldn't be awake for at least two hours (probably more knowing them), and his friends in the US would be just going to sleep.

Speaking of, he checked his messages to find a few on the groupchat he shared with his American streamer friends (titled: The Sex Havers 😈 + Sapnap), two from his best friend Dream.

Best friend

George couldn't help the sinking feeling he felt anytime he thought that. Best friend didn't seem fitting. It hadn't for a while but George couldn't figure out why.

'Is it that I don't like him enough to call him a best friend? No that can't be it. I really care about Dream. More than anyone probably... wait. NO. I - I don't like him like that. Not DREAM. Surely not dream...'

George forced himself to stop thinking about it too much. He opened up the conversation and read the two new messages:

pissbaby

heya georgie! thanks again for joining the stream (ik u were tired) :D anyway goodnight ig :]

also are you free to call sometime soon? i have something i wanna ask you about :]

George felt his face heat up at the nickname (and chose to ignore it). But why would Dream ask if George was free to call? He knows George will always pick up whenever...

'Must be important...' George thought. He then realised he had been staring at his screen, lost in thought, and should probably reply.

me

morning

yk i'm literally always free right? just message me when ur up and we can call :]

George decided on adding the smiley face at the end because he has been told in the past that he often comes off as rude over text. Its not like its his fault though, i mean, he's half cat. They aren't exactly them most outwardly affectionate creatures, are they? It's also why he's always sleeping. The cat in him wants to sleep 16 hours a day and the human in him doesn't have the energy to try to stay awake anymore.