[5]

1.3k reads??? 88 votes??? tf? THANK YOU SO MUCH OH MY GOODNESS  I DON'T DESERVE Y'ALL

Sorry this chapter has taken so long you guys T^T i haven't been doing so good but thank you guys for all the love on the story 🥰 actually means a lot so thank you <33

also vote for a kiss ya cutie😼🤭

~//~

I walked in the direction George ran, 'Uhm - George?'

~//~

[GEORGE POV]

[kinda idk]

George couldn't believe is ears. Dream was here. In his apartment. And now George was going to loose him forever just because he was a freak. His ears pressed themselves flat against his head as his breathing picked up speed and choked sobs began to escape from his throat. He was sitting on the cold floor of the bathroom, back against the locked door, wearing what he had been for the past 2 weeks.

'God I look awful, fuckfuckfuck - what the hell do i do -'

'George, please...' George's breath hitched as he heard the voice right on the other side of the door.

'Shit - what the fuck, what the fuck - he's gonna hate me no no no -' George's thoughts were running laps in his mind while he tried his best to stop crying. His whiskers were twitching from the quiet stream of tear making their way down his face, all that could be heard from the other side of the bathroom door now was his heavy breathing and hiccups. 

'Georgie, please,' Dream started again, 'please, I'm not... mad or - whatever you think I am right now, I swear!'

'Georgie?' he thought. Dream's tone did sound very soft... but... 'What if it's a trick, George? He's trying to trick you cause you're such a freak -'

'Please, Georgie... I can't bear to hear you like this... please open the door, I just want to hug you... or -' Dream cut himself off, '- uhm... nevermind. Just please open the door... please.'

[dream really said 'guys please 😩']

His tone was so soft, pleading with George to let him comfort him. It made George's ears pick up slightly, he sniffled and gave in. He'd have to face Dream at some point, might as well get the heartbreak over and done with. Still hiccupping, He stood up weakly and reached a shaky hand to the lock.

[DREAM POV]

I heard the lock click and my breathing stopped for a moment as my eyes widened with surprise that he actually gave in (George had always been stubborn, in fairness). The door handle turned slowly and the door creaked open to reveal George... he was... flinching? What?

My expression of slight shock fell completely, forming one of sympathy at his evident fear. I launched forward, wrapping him up in the biggest hug I could muster. I felt him freeze, then relax slightly into the hug. From his mouth, quiet sobs still fell and his breathing was sill heavy, but it seemed to slow greatly the longer we embraced. I slowly slid down onto the floor bringing his fragile body with me, his tail wrapped around our legs cautiously, keeping us connected.

After a couple moments, I reluctantly pulled away slightly to look him in the eyes and tell him everything was ok, but once I saw him up close I froze. He was... adorable. Though they were red and puffy from crying, his big, brown eyes were still enchanting, staring up at me in uncertainty. He had a little nose, whiskers, fluffy, dark brown hair, his ears sporting fur to match. His face was glistening slightly from his tears, making him seem so... ethereal? adorable? DID I MENTION HOW ADORABLE GEORGE IS??

'...uhm *hic* - hi? Dream?' George's words sounded cautious.

'Adorable...' It came out as a whisper and I shut my mouth quickly in embarrassment, realising I had just said that out loud.

 George's face flushed red, but he quickly tried his best to look annoyed. It came off to me, however, as more of a pout. This only proved my point. Instead of embarrassing myself further in front of my crush - ahem - best friend, I decided to try to play it off by acting confident again.

'What? It's true~' I cooed lovingly [i'm sorry i lowkey hate that word anyways -]. George's face became impossibly redder at this so he quickly buried it into my chest, sniffling quietly. I thought my heart might explode from how much I love him.

Unfortunately, after sitting like this for a couple seconds, he pulled away to look at me. He still seemed pretty apprehensive towards me, which I suppose is fair. 'I did just kinda burst in here and caused him to completely freak out...' 

'Uhm - are... uh... *sniffle* ... a-are you - uhm - ok?' he asked

'Huh?' I was surprised at the question to be honest, but I kept my voice soft, 'Of course I'm ok, Georgie, I should be asking you if you're ok.'

George ignored my question, '... S-so y-you don't think I'm a - a - freak?'

I think my heart broke when I heard that. How could George ever think he was a freak? HE. IS. ADORABLE. I can't believe anyone would think differently.

'George, of course not!' I say, raising my hand to meet his tear stained cheek, 'You're beautiful, Georgie.'

[GEORGE POV]

My heart was all over the place. Hearing those words come from Dream's mouth made me let out a sigh of utter relief while I leaned into his hand, deliberately closing my eyes to show my trust (though I'm not all that sure Dream knew that's what that meant). I resisted the urge to purr at his touch because, well, I knew now he'd come to terms with the whole 'neko' thing but I still wasn't sure I wouldn't scare him away.

With my eyes still closed, I curled onto his lap, finally giving him a proper hug back with a huge grin on my face. I don't think I'd ever felt so relieved in my life.

'Hey, Dream?' I said, my voice muffled by his hoodie. 'Yeah?' he replied, gently tracing circles on my back.

'Uhm - we should probably get off the floor.' I pointed out with a giggle.

'Oh, yeah I guess haha... c'mere, Georgie.' in one motion, Dream swiftly scooped me up in his arms and stood up, carrying me like a baby. A very flustered baby. I clung onto his neck and tried to hide my painfully obvious blush in his hoodie. I could practically hear Dream's smirk already. 'God, I love him. I love Dream.'

My chest tightened slightly at the realisation, from happiness or fear I'm not sure, possibly both. All I knew at that moment was this was truly the happiest I had felt in years.

'Dream is here.'

'In my apartment.'

'And he doesn't think I'm a freak.'

~//~

[1059 words]

[A/N]

Hiya! 💜 Again, I'm really sorry this took me so long to get out, but I'll try my best to update a bit faster next time <3 just don't wanna give you guys a bad chapter either hehe >:)

You are LOVED. I. LOVE. YOU. GO DRINK SOME WATER FOR ME IF YOU HAVE'NT ALREADY TODAY BECAUSE THAT WILL BRING ME JOY. PLEASE TELL ME ABOUT YOUR WATER DRINKING EXPERIENCE ALSO. THIS IS YOUR HOMEWORK FOR TODAY.

I LOVE YOU >:) 💜💜💜

again, my dm's are open sweethearts if anyone wants to chat <3 see you in the next chapter gamers 😎