Chapter Six

Quinn Parker

I don't know exactly what I thought this job would be like when I agreed with Eli that I would take it. I think I must have built the dream up in my head to assume it would be fairly easy and the people I'd work with would be nice. I'm sure it's safe to assume these types of things when the people I would be working for were public figures and personalities. Of course, I should have done my research a bit more when it came to working for a band such as One Direction but I think I had just formed assumptions in my head.

I didn't know much about Harry personally. The only information I had learnt about him thus far was that he was intimidating and liked to "keep his private life private". I don't exactly know what I expected when that was all I had to go on.

My mind was completely fogged right now, probably because the embarrassment from this situation that bubbled in the very core of my being was slowly devouring me from the inside out. I felt my eyes narrow slightly when I slowly found myself becoming confused by his tone with me.

He doesn't know me.

Why is he so mad about having me as his PA?

What the hell was this guys deal?

I was completely frozen in place, looking up at the forest green eyes that stared down at me with such intimidation. I knew this man would be tall but when he was this up close, it was only now that I realised just how tall he was. His features were sharp, his jawline and cheekbones prominent in a way that made him look incredibly handsome. That didn't take away from the fact that he had a shitty attitude. His words rang through my head again.

"Sam can fuck off if he thinks I'm having you as a PA." He said simply, his thick British accent lacing his words.

I was completely taken aback by the harsh tone, it causing me to furrow my brows in confusion. I folded my arms over my chest as I wasn't totally prepared on what to say back to that right away. I didn't think this would be the way I'd find out who I was a personal assistant to let alone a member of the band...who just so happened to be a complete asshole.

"Pardon?" I asked in confusion, my mouth working quicker than my brain so I said the only thing that came to mind.

Oh fuck, I'm an idiot.

Did that sound rude?

Is he technically my boss?

Fuck, I'm unprepared. I should have asked Sam these questions before.

"You heard me." He said simply. I watched his jaw clench slightly, every part of his facial features moulded in a harsh way whilst he looked down at me.

Wow, he's rude.

"Are you going through my stuff?" I suddenly asked, noticing the plastic pack in his hands. That was my work pack. That was my stuff. He had no right to just do that, did he?

He said nothing. Just rolled his eyes at me before throwing my work pack back onto what I assumed was my assigned bunk on the bus. He reached into his back pocket and pulled out a pack of mint chewing gum, squeezing the small packet till a piece fell out in his hand. In one quick motion, he popped the piece of gum in his mouth.