Chapter Thirteen

Quinn Parker

Rubbing at my tired eyes, I fiddled with the red lanyard hanging around my neck and glanced around the busy room full of crew members. I noticed a couple of them looking in my direction, obviously hearing about me fainting and having Harry find me.

It was early, probably around 6 in the morning at this point. Today was tour bus day again which meant we had to have another briefing. I shifted in my place, feeling a little uncomfortable and clasped my hands together, darting my eyes around the room for a familiar face.

"Quinn." I heard, turning my head to see Elijah.

"Hey." I breathed a sigh of relief, bumping my shoulder against his with a laugh.

"Hey." He said, holding out a coffee cup and nodding for me to take it. "Here."

"Coffee? Does it look like I need it huh?" I laughed, raising my eyebrow jokingly.

Elijah grinned at me, lifting the coffee cup in his own hand to his lips. "Nah, you always look fresh and awake now." He teased back, a cheeky grin spreading on his features. Bumping my shoulder into his again carefully, I narrowed my eyes at him and muttered "cheeky shit."

I tore my eyes away the minute I heard Sam shuffling in, clipboard in hand. His cheeks were a little red and he seemed like he'd been running around all morning, I couldn't imagine what it was like being in charge of this whole operation. Definitely not a job I envied or wanted.

"Morning everyone. The drive down to our next stop is around 10 hours or so. We will be making a pit stop along the way. I'd say keep yourself as pre-occupied as you can on this journey, it's probably the perfect time to get some sleep in. Once in San Francisco, we have two shows over the course of three days so yes, we all get a free day."

I smiled at the news, hearing people around me whisper quietly amongst each other. The mood of the room changed a little, shifting into something I could only really describe as content. I know I had only joined half way through the tour so I can only imagine how tired people must be that have been here from the very beginning.

Once Sam had finished off his speech, I lifting the coffee cup to my lips and followed the crowds out of the doors and walked towards the busses located outside. I dug out my key card for the bus in my pockets and scanned it, hearing the familiar beeping sound that indicated it was opening for me. I took the few steps up and saw I was the only one on the bus this morning for now, meaning the others would probably be on within the next ten minutes or so.

I didn't mind because it meant not having to see Harry again. I'm beginning to think he is deliberately coming to find me just to mess with my head or something. Glancing over at the table I was sat at yesterday, pursing my lips slightly. I couldn't quite explain what came over me yesterday but I snapped, suddenly called him sunshine and told him there were two players at the game. My eyes narrowed a little at the seat. For my own sanity, I knew the only way to get through this tour was to join them instead of trying to beat them, and by them...I meant Harry.

Making my way towards the back of the bus sluggishly, my hand lifting to rub the back of my back tiredly. I could feel how tired my body was from lack of sleep but I couldn't sleep without dreaming about that night. I didn't want to relieve it over and over again so...I'd rather be sleep deprived. Given that I'd be sharing the bunk bed area now with two other people I didn't want to disturb them either.

Pursing my lips together, I sat down on my bunk bed and pressed my back against the wall, my eyes glancing down at my scuffed converse shoes hanging slightly off the bed. Lifting the coffee cup to my lips again, I sipped at it quietly whilst thinking about the sleeping arrangement I'd be in for the next few days. The anxiety began to eat at me knowing that there would be other people around me. I just knew this meant I'd be getting next to no sleep in the coming days.