Chapter Fifteen

Quinn Parker

"We've stopped?" I asked, standing up from the small booth in the bus.

"Yeah, to grab snacks." I heard Niall shout from the front of the bus. The boys had woken up about 10 minutes ago and barrelled out of the band area to the front of the bus. It gave me enough time to change into something a little lighter given the warm weather today. A simple pair of blue mom jeans a white crop top. Niall was holding onto a rail that was just beside the door, like an eager child wanting chocolate or candy as soon as we stopped.

I laughed quietly under my breath and looked at them all, patiently waiting for the bus driver to park up so they could all tumble out and raid the nearest shop. I felt bad for the cashier that would be ringing up these ordered, they would definitely be getting their jobs worth today that was for sure.

"Thanks mate!" I heard Louis shout back at the driver once he had parked up and the doors were open. I stood up carefully and watched all five of them heading out of the bus and out of view.

I picked up my bag and hung it over my shoulder, walking towards the exit of the bus and down the steps. I squinted slightly, the sharp sun invading my eyes and the warm weather suddenly clinging to my skin. Reaching into my bag, I fished out a pair of sunglasses I had and pushed them onto my face so I could at least see where I was going. I pushed my free hand into the front pocket of my jeans and looked around where we were.

It was a pretty sophisticated stop area in my opinion. A convenience store, a gas station, a car rental place and a motel all lined up beside each other. My eyes glanced over at the store, a soft laugh spilling from my lips when I saw crew members walking out with bags of snacks and drinks for the reminder of the journey down to San Fran. Walking towards the store, I pushed open the heavy door and gulped a little at the bustling sounds of people grabbing snacks and chatting as they did. The cold gush of air conditioning was welcoming considering the sticky heat outside, little goosebumps pricking my skin.

"Right.." I muttered quietly to myself, making my way towards the cold fridges in the back. I hummed quietly along to the tune I could faintly hear on the store radio, holding my bag close to me to make sure it didn't knock anything over.

Standing in front of the fridge, I tugged the door open and inhaled sharply at the cold air that hit my exposed skin. Scanning along the drinks all lined up perfectly in front of me, I picked up a cold bottle of water and carefully closed the door shut. Walking towards the candy isle, I hummed quietly to myself and scanned along the seemingly endless choices of candy that I could choice from. This really was the definition of spoilt for choice.

I crouched down and reached forward for a small packet of skittles, deciding that would be a good choice for now. As I was about to stand up, my eyes flickered to the left slightly and stopped at the sight of mint chewing gum.

Stupid, I know...but it was a flavour I was coming to associate with Harry. Pursing my lips together, I reached forward for a pack and held it in my hand for a moment.

"Eh, why not?" I mumbled to myself before standing up from where I was. Walking towards the cash register, I placed my items down on the counter and waited for the lady to ring up the things I needed. Once I had pulled my phone out and tapped it against the machine to pay for the items, I opened up my bag and dropped in the skittles and the gum.

Heading out of the small shop, I pushed open the door with my shoe and sighed quietly when the sticky heat hit my skin again. This head really was disgusting. Back home, it did get warm but never to the point that it felt like the heat was actually sticking to you. I stepped off to the side slightly and unscrewed the lid open of the water I had just bought. Lifting it to my lips, I tilted my head back and took a couple of sips of the cold drink. Sighing in content as the cold liquid soothed my throat and cooled me down all simultaneously.